Skip to main content

System Status: 

How to Stop or Reissue a Payroll Check

Follow these steps to place a stop-payment on a check that was issued by Payroll but was lost, destroyed, stale or never received.

This process is only for checks issued by Payroll.

  • Checks issued by Payroll are salary paid to employees for services provided during a certain period of time. Use the form below.
  • For travel or reimbursements payments contact Disbursements.

1. Fill out a Stop Payment Form

Print and complete the Stop Payment Form (PDF).

The form must have signed, in ink, by the owner of the check. Electronic signatures are not accepted.

Fill out a separate form for each check that must be replaced.

2. Submit the completed form to Payroll

Submit the completed form to Payroll.
  • Via mail:
    UCSD Payroll Division
    Stop Payment Request
    9500 Gilman Drive, Mail Code 0952
    La Jolla, CA 92093-0952
  • Via Service & Support

Stale dated checks

The form above needs to be completed to stop and reissue any stale dated check issued by Payroll.

Processing of a stale dated check may take 4-6 weeks from the date this signed certification is received.

Questions? Contact us via Services & Support.