Getting Started: UCSD Travel and Entertainment
February 20, 2013 2:21:27 PM PST
New to handling travel and entertainment for your department? These tips will get you started on the right track for working with travel and entertainment at UCSD.
The procedure and policy requirements for travel and entertainment can seem overwhelming if you aren't familiar with the basics. Follow these tips prior to preauthorizing travel or processing a request for reimbursement/ payment for a meeting or entertainment event.
Your first week
- Bookmark this page for future reference using MyBlink.
- See a snapshot of how the travel process (PDF) works.
- Familiarize yourself with information available on Blink, starting with the Travel tab.
- Self-register for Single Sign-On to gain access to UCSD campus systems.
- Take the online tutorial Travel at UCSD, available through UC Learning Center.
- Take the online tutorial Meetings and Hosted Events, available through UC Learning Center.
- Stay up to date with travel and entertainment topics by subscribing to our e-mail mailing list.
Your second week
- Review travel guidance and complete the steps applicable to your position.
- Familiarize yourself with travel and entertainment tools by reviewing online demos.
- Connexxus is the UC's travel program for booking air, rail, car and hotel.
- The Essentials assists in navigating through travel preparation, processing and reimbursement.
- MyTravel Overview gives you a basic understanding of reporting travel expenses.
- MyMeetings and Hosted Events provides information on requesting reimbursement for meetings and entertainment expenses.
Find answers to the most common travel and entertainment questions using one of the following FAQ pages:
If you're unable to find a solution on Blink, use one of the following e-mail options: