Connexxus: Booking Travel
March 11, 2013 12:40:19 PM PDT
Find out how to book business travel through Connexxus.
In the right place? See step-by-step instructions for making arrangements for personal travel.
Before making travel arrangements, be sure to:
- Preauthorize the trip
- Log on to Connexxus
- Set up Connexxus traveler profile (employees only)
To book business travel, choose a Connexxus booking option and follow the instructions:
UC discount applies to three California rail services: The Pacific Surfliner, Capital and San Joaquin.
- Log on to Connexxus.
- From the Connexxus home page under Amtrak, select Book Amtrak Online.
- Review Terms and Conditions.
- Click Book it Now.
- Use the fare finder to check availability.
- Add desired fares to your cart. (Applicable discounts will display in your cart.)
- Click Enter Passenger Information.
- Enter ticket delivery method, passenger, and trip protection information. Click Continue.
- Enter payment information.
- Click Continue to complete ticketing process.
Note: Faculty and staff members must present a valid university photo identification card upon ticket purchase and onboard the train.
To purchase using BCD/ Balboa Travel:
- From the Connexxus home page under BCD/Balboa Travel, select Book Travel Online (Concur).
- Select the appropriate traveler in the drop-down menu, Travel for, found in the upper right section of the search screen.
Note: You can change BCD preferences to display traveler information on the left side of your page, see how. If you prefer the default view, see how to change it back.
- For an employee traveler not appearing in the list, click Search, enter the first few letters of the traveler's name or e-mail address, then select desired traveler from result list.
- For a non-employee traveler:
- Select Guest Traveler
- Have guest traveler's personal information ready to input later in the booking process. (Traveler's full name, date of birth, and gender.)
- On BCD's Search page, enter your flight search information.
- Make selections from your search results.
- To add car rental to your search, check the box for Pick-up/Drop-off car at airport.
- To search for a hotel, check the box for Find a Hotel and select your preferences.
- Make selections from search results.
- Select UCSD CTS Air Charge Card from drop-down payment selection.
- When prompted, enter the 8 digit event number (include leading zeros). Click Next.
- Once reservation(s) are complete, you will receive a confirmation e-mail that includes your travel itinerary.
Additional booking information is available in BCD's Quick Reference Guide
For assistance with BCD/ Balboa Travel reservations, call (888) 617-5005.
Premier Gateway offers a limited inventory of flights to Europe, Asia, South Pacific, Latin America, Africa, India, and the Middle East. For a complete list of participating carriers, review Premier Gateway's quick reference guide.
To purchase a Premier Gateway fare, review a list of service fees associated with reseraching and booking consolidator fares and contact one of the following agencies:
- BCD/ Balboa Travel (888) 617-5005
- UC Travel Center (800) 235-8252
Example of savings:
Connexxus travel agent contacted Premier Gateway for a 1-way airfare quote from Los Angeles to Tel Aviv. Premier Gateway quoted $679 using Swissair. Connexxus travel agent compared airfare to lowest published in reservation system at $2,664. Premier Gateway saved UC $1,985.
If travel is funded from a federally contracted agreement over $650,000 or Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Grants of any amount, have your fund/ grant number available and contact one of the Connexxus small business agencies to meet federal requirements:
- Kahala Travel (local San Diego agency)
Mon–Fri 8 a.m.–5:30 pm
Phone: (888) 488-0073
After Hours and Emergency Assistance (fees apply): (888) 488-0073
Note: Kahala Travel is local to San Diego and airfare will show in MyTravel as UCSD paid.
- Berkeley’s Northside Travel
Mon–Thu 9 a.m.–8 p.m.
Fri 9 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
Sat 1–5 p.m.
Phone: (510) 843-1853
- Davisville Travel
Mon–Fri 8:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
Phone: (800) 888-0314
After Hours and Emergency Assistance (fees apply): (800) 350-5172
- Kola Nut Travel
Mon–Fri 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
Phone: (800) 868-3090
Review a list of service fees to help determine the agency that best suits your needs.
To purchase using SWABIZ:
- From the Connexxus home page under Southwest Air, select SWABIZ.
- Log on to SWABIZ:
- First-time users, enroll in Rapid Rewards program (UC's company ID number is 99723724).
- Rapid Rewards members, click Traveler Account Login in upper right corner, enter Rapid Rewards number and password. See a demo.
Note: Connexxus Traveler profile is not tied to UC's SWABIZ site. The Rapid Rewards program will serve as your traveler profile for future travel events.
- At SWABIZ's Search page, enter flight search information.
- Select desired flight information from search results.
- To add car rental to your trip check the box for I would like to add a Car to this trip.
- Choose method of payment (UCSD Travel Card or other personal credit cards).
- Once reservation(s) are complete, a confirmation e-mail and itinerary is sent to the traveler.
- Print extra copies of the newly issued ticket located under the Travel Summary tab of SWABIZ as Southwest does not have the capability to store past trip dates.
Note: Unlike Connexxus agencies:
- Travel accident insurance is not automatically applied for trips booked in SWABIZ. The traveler must register with UC Risk Management for any trip beyond 100 miles of campus or residence. Learn more.
- Past date trip information is not stored, in the event a traveler/ arranger needs a copy of a ticket invoice for expense purposes contact Southwest's Customer Service & Support (800) 435-9792.
For assistance with SWABIZ reservations, call Southwest Airlines, (800) 435-9792.
Submit your travel request using UC Travel Center's e-mail Web form or call (800) 235-8252, Mon. - Fri. 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. PT. Online booking coming soon.
Note: If you're booking an International Consolidator Fare through Premier Gateway, UC Travel Center has the most economic booking fee.
Notice: UCSD travel policy, as published in Blink, is decisive. It has been adapted to UCSD's organization, delegation of authority, terminology, chart of accounts, and processing applications. The source for UCSD travel policy is UC Travel Policy and Regulations (PDF).