- Preauthorizing your trip allows access to the Connexxus portal.
- Log on to Connexxus.
- Set up a Connexxus traveler profile. Make sure all UCSD employee travelers create a profile.
- Choose either online booking or agent assistance to book travel.
Use Connexxus (login required) to book travel. For special situations, see:
- Booking Travel
- Personal Travel
- Changing or Canceling a Connexxus Booking
- Viewing a Connexxus Itinerary
- Connexxus FAQ
How Connexxus works
Connexxus is a secure Web portal for booking university business travel. It automatically applies UC-negotiated prices with airlines, hotels, and car rental companies. Connexxus also provides a UC employee discount on select California rail travel. See Discounted Rates Through Connexxus.
UCSD prepays airfare booked through Connexxus travel agencies and MyTravel automatically displays the expense item as UCSD-paid. Your travel profile stores your UCSD Travel Card for hotel and rental car expenses.
In addition to offering UC-negotiated prices, Connexxus:
- Searches a comprehensive airfare inventory
- Reduces out-of-pocket expenses. UCSD pre-pays airfare and the expense automatically displays in your MyTravel expense claim as a UCSD-paid item.
- Note: Airfare booked using SWABIZ automatically displays in MyTravel as UCSD-paid only if payment was made using the Travel Card.
- Saves time as a single source for air, car, and hotel reservations
- Provides automatic Business Travel Accident Insurance coverage
- Note: Unlike Connexxus agencies, travel accident insurance is not automatically applied for out-of-state trips booked in SWABIZ. The traveler must register with UC Risk Management. Learn more.
- Has built-in guidance for compliance with UC travel policy
- Provides quick access to contacts in case of crisis