Applying for or Canceling the UCSD Travel Card
June 3, 2011 2:48:29 PM PDT
Use these step-by-step instructions when applying for, or canceling, a UCSD-issued Travel Card.
- Download and complete the application (Word or PDF).
- UCSD Travel recommends your home address as the billing address. However, if a departmental assistant will be reconciling the account on the traveler's behalf, then the campus departmental address may be used as the billing address.
- There is no fee for the card. The index is used as an identifier only.
- Send it to:
Mail Code 0998
Attn: Leah Negrete
- The traveler will receive the card within 15 business days from the date the application is received by UCSD Travel. The personal identification number (PIN) for ATM transactions will be received two days after the card.
- If a rush on the card is required, complete the application and contact Leah Negrete, (858) 822-0652.
Send your request to cancel via e-mail to Leah Negrete and indicate:
- Employee name
- Date of cancelation (if applicable)
The UCSD-issued Travel Card should be canceled immediately if an employee separates from employment with the university.
This page has a friendly link that's easy to remember: http://blink.ucsd.edu/go/cardapp
Notice: UCSD travel policy, as published in Blink, is decisive. It has been adapted to UCSD's organization, delegation of authority, terminology, chart of accounts, and processing applications. The source for UCSD travel policy is UC Travel Policy and Regulations (PDF).