Obtaining a Cash Advance for Business Travel (UC San Diego Employee)
Last Updated: May 30, 2014 10:40:30 AM PDT
Read step-by-step instructions for acquiring a cash advance for UCSan Diego employees on University business travel.
In the right place? See instructions for obtaining a cash advance for business travel of a non-UC San Diego employee.
- Use your Travel Card, following the guidelines, to withdraw cash. You will use a personal identification number (PIN) for ATM transactions. A PIN is provided to each cardholder when the Travel Card is issued. For assistance, contact Travel Card customer service.
- Keep your ATM receipt, and proceed to step 5.
- Use MyTravel: Select Create Prepayment, complete the form using the event number created when travel was preauthorized.
- If you do not have access to MyTravel, contact your department business office or administrator.
You can view the status of your request in MyTravel, for a cash advance requested from Travel.
- Requests are processed by Travel beginning the day they are received. Please allow up to four working days for the payment to be issued.
- A cash advance is issued not more than two weeks before the travel start date. If cash is issued via direct deposit, the bank may take up to 72 hours to process it.
- Use MyTravel, to reconcile a cash advance.
- It automatically deducts the cash that was advanced when you report expenses.
- You can request that Travel make a payment directly to your Travel Card account (optional). Indicate the amount on the Summary and Distribution page located on the Review and Submit tab.
To ask questions, request a service, or report an issue, contact us through BFSupport
UC San Diego travel policy, as published in Blink, is decisive. It has been adapted to UC San Diego's organization, delegation of authority, terminology, chart of accounts and processing applications. The source for UC San Diego travel policy is UC Travel Policy and Regulations