Business Travel Accident Insurance provides coverage for a wide variety of accidents and incidents to official university business travelers when away from the campus or primary workplace. However, you must register for accident coverage for each university business trip you take beyond 100 miles of campus or residence (coverage is automatic when the trip is less than 100 miles). If you book travel with Connexxus, registration is automatically included. See a summary of benefits for faculty/staff (PDF) or students (PDF).
Who is eligible
Regents, faculty, staff, students, or an "official" volunteer (as demonstrated with a Human Resources (HR) appointment) on business travel are eligible for coverage. Coverage can be provided to a spouse/domestic partner, dependent(s), and traveling companions when traveling with them.
How to register
Coverage is automatic if you book travel with Connexxus, UC's business travel booking program. If you book through another source, then you must register for insurance.
- Connexxus: Book online or call a Connexxus agency. Coverage is automatically applied, and you need take no further action. Travelers will receive an email receipt from Worldcue/iJet including their insurance card.
- Note: Unlike Connexxus agencies, travel accident insurance is not automatically applied for trips booked in SWABIZ.
- All other sources:
- Complete the online UC Business Travel form. Important! Site is compatible with IE version 11, Chrome or Firefox.
- Click Save Changes, which sends the registration information to the UC insurance program.
- Print the form for your reference during your trip. The completed form will:
- Verify eligibility
- Provide confirmation of coverage
- Provide emergency information and travel tips
Note: Forms are generic by traveler type (staff, student, or faculty), and do not list the traveler‘s name(s).