- Click the Firewall tab in the Security pane.
- Click the Advanced button.
- Click the + symbol.
- Find the program that you'd like to add as an exception.
- Click the Add button.
- Repeat the above steps for each program you'd like to add to the exceptions list.
- Set whether to Allow incoming connections or Block incoming connections for the programs in your list by clicking the up or down arrows to the far right of the program name, then selecting the appropriate option.
- Click OK.
- Close the Security pane saving your selections.
Note: UCSD does not officially recommend any exceptions; any university programs will not be affected. However, in the example below, George Bluefin has added iTunes as an exception. If he did not have iTunes enabled in his firewall exceptions list (which allows incoming connections), people wouldn't be able to connect or listen to his shared music when his firewall is on.