Accessing the UCSD-GUEST Wireless Service from Windows 7, 8 & 10
Last Updated: September 24, 2015 1:04:13 PM PDT
Learn how to connect to the UCSD-GUEST wireless network with Windows 7, 8 and 10.
Guests of UCSD and faculty, staff, and students who are not members of our campus services (SSO, Active Directory) can access the wireless network from many public and outdoor UCSD areas.
- For background information, see Wireless Overview.
- You may be required to follow these instructions in order to download the certificate to connect to UCSD-PROTECTED with Windows 7, 8 and 10.
- UCSD-GUEST provides general access to the Internet, but does not provide access to restricted campus resources.
- Newer laptops have built-in wireless cards.
- If you have an external card, insert it in the PCMCIA or USB slot, then turn on the computer.
- Click the Wireless bars at the bottom right of the taskbar.
- Click UCSD-GUEST at the bottom right of the taskbar, then click Connect.
- A successful connection screen will appear when the connection is made. This may take up to a minute.
- Click Close.
- Open your Web browser.
- You should see a page similar, but not identical to, the image below.
- Click Sign on.