Connecting to the UCSD Web Proxy Server With Firefox 2.x and Above (Windows)
May 30, 2013 3:18:48 PM PDT
Set up Firefox 2.x and above to access UCSD resources from off campus via the proxy server using a PC (Windows).
Note: You need administrator privileges and your UCSD network username and password to authenticate your computer with the proxy server. If you've forgotten your username or password, see Getting or Changing UCSD Passwords.
- Open the Tools menu and select Options.
- Click the Advanced icon.
- Click the Network tab.
- Click Settings.
- Select Automatic proxy configuration URL.
- In the text field, enter http://webproxy.ucsd.edu/proxy.pl
- Click OK to close the window. Click OK again to close the Options window and save your settings.
- Close and restart Firefox.
- The first time you attempt to access a UCSD-restricted website, you will need to enter your UCSD network username and password, and click OK.