The FinancialLink Portal was recently redesigned with campus users in mind. A complex and strategic effort, the FinancialLink Focus Group partnered with ACT to consolidate, standardize, and present financial information to faculty and staff via the portal. Initial feedback from users let us know we were on the right track and the new design recently won an Honorable Mention in the annual UC Larry L. Sautter Award competition, which recognizes innovation in information technology.
One outstanding feature you'll notice right away is the single portal experience by which the system recognizes and tailors relevant information to you. This tailored workspace provides content updated in real time. Other key features include:
- Tools and reports to perform daily financial work are presented with easy workflow, navigation, and bookmarks to help you manage your workflow preferences.
- Important information (such as fiscal calendars and training courses) is displayed in prominent locations relevant to the actions being performed.
- Alerts provide an easy and fast way for central offices to communicate messages to the campus financial community.
- Release Notes quickly show what new tools, reports, and applications are available.
- A searchable Knowledge Base answers common questions and issues.
- A dynamic user interface adapts to any device’s screen size so you can view the Portal on a tablet or smart phone.
To access the FinancialLink Portal go to: https://act.ucsd.edu/financial. Note:
- You must have Facilities "FINANCIAL: WWW - FinancialLink" access in order to login to the FinancialLink Portal. Contact your Departmental Security Administrator (DSA) for assistance.
- You must be using a browser that supports cookies, and cookie support must be enabled.
Most data is extracted from IFIS to the Data Warehouse and is available 24 hours a day. The real-time IFIS system is available 6 a.m. – midnight, weekdays and 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Saturdays, Sundays & holidays. (Access on weekends and holidays is subject to computer maintenance schedules and cannot be guaranteed.)