Update for Windows
The Windows updates for April (starting Thursday, April 16) will migrate the current Lync application to Skype for Business.
While the look and feel have changed the overall functionality is the same. Skype for Business does not currently connect to Skype personal accounts. Microsoft may integrate the two services in a future release.
This update only applies to Windows. Mac clients are still Lync.
Features and changes
- All prior Lync functions are preserved
- New look and feel
- Skype-inspired user interface
- Outlook Lync meetings are now Skype for Business meetings
- Call monitor
- Quick access to call controls
- Drag and drop file-sharing
- OneNote integration