How to Make Audio and Video Calls and Share Your Desktop with Skype for Business (Lync)
Last Updated: April 29, 2016 11:48:47 AM PDT
Find out how to make audio calls, video calls, and share your desktop with Skype for Business.
Do more than just chat in Skype for Business.
Start with an audio or video call or switch from chat to call with the press of a button. Using Skype for Business to collaborate gives you the option to share your desktop with colleagues.
- Click the start button and navigate to the Microsoft Office 2013 Folder and select Skype for Business (PCs) or if you're on a Mac open the Applications directory and click on Microsoft Lync.
- You should be signed in automatically if you're logged into Active Directory (AD). If not, enter your AD username and password at the sign-in address prompt..
- Method 1: Double-click the contact you want to video call and click on the video call icon on the bottom.
- Method 2: Right-click (or control-click on a Mac) the contact and select Start a Video Call.
- Method 3: Hover over the contact’s photo and then click the video call icon (PCs only).
- Method 1: Double-click the contact you want to call and click on the phone icon on the bottom.
- Method 2: Right-click (or control-click on a Mac) the contact and select Call > Skype Call.
- Double-click the contact you want to share your screen with.
- Click on the monitor icon on the bottom. On a Mac, control-click on the contact and select Share Desktop.
- Select what you would like to share.