- Click the start button and navigate to the Microsoft Office 2013 Folder and select Skype for Business (Mac users: open Applications directory and click on Microsoft Lync).
- You should be signed in automatically if you're logged into Active Directory (AD). If not, enter your AD username and password at the sign-in address prompt.
Note: The Office 365 Software Settings website may advise users to manually configure the internal/ external server name. Set the client to Automatic for “Sign in as:” so the server name configuration is not necessary.
Add a single contact
Right-click the contact you want to add and select Add to Contacts List.
Add a distribution list
To add a group of contacts that has been organized into a distribution list:
- Search for the distribution list name.
- Add the contact as above. This will create a new contact group and add all the members of the list to it.
Note: You can see the members of a distribution list by clicking on the list and choosing to See Contact Card. Click on Members to reveal the member list.
Remove a contact
Right click the contact you want to remove and select Remove from Contacts List.
Create a new group
Organize your contacts into groups.
- Click on the Add a Contact/ Create a Group icon:
- Choose Create a New Group
- Once your group is created:
- Type in a name for the group.
- Drag and drop contacts into the group.
Note: With the cloud-based version of Skype for Business, you cannot have a persistent chat room. You can, however, create a group chat:
- Double click one of the contacts you want to group message with.
- Click on Invite More People button.
- Select additional contacts using your contact list or by using the search bar.
- Start chatting.
Step 1: Log in to Outlook Web Access (OWA) at mail.ucsd.edu:
You will automatically be logged into Skype for Business when you sign in.
Step 2: Check your status. Look next to your name:
Step 3: Start the chat.
- Click the Find Someone link to find the contact you want to Instant Message.
- On the top-left of the contact's information, click the Chat link to start an IM session.