Last Updated: April 29, 2016 11:49:50 AM PDT
Find answers to frequently asked questions about Skype for Business.
What happened to Lync?
How do I save an IM conversation?
The options to save an IM conversation are slightly different between Windows and Apple.
Apple: IM history is automatically saved to your computer locally.
Windows: Saving an IM conversation can be manually invoked by pressing ‘CTRL + S’ on your keyboard, history is saved to your Outlook folder called “Conversation History” on the server.
My audio device isn't detected when trying to use Skype for Business on my Windows computer. What do I do?
There is a known issue with Skype for Business not being about to detect the correct audio device when some third party USB/Controllers are installed. Please put in a ticket through FootPrints and Desktop Support team will help you out.
I get an error message that Skype for Business can't login. What should I do?
- Click on the Email Address pull-down arrow
- Click on "Clear all saved accounts"
- Re-enter all your information (email, user ID and password)
- With the "username"@ucsd.edu for user ID
- Press enter
How do I get Lync to accept my newly changed password on a Mac?
- With Lync signed in, go to userid/Library/Keychains (to access library folder you need to hold down option key and click go on the finder bar on top)
- Delete the file called OC_KeyContainer
- Quit Lync and Restart
What version of Lync do I need if I am running Yosemite?
If you are on a Mac running Yosemite, you need Lync version 14.0.10.