Setting Up Out-of-Office Messages in Outlook 2011
Last Updated: April 7, 2014 8:18:12 AM PDT
Learn how to set up email to respond to incoming mail with your out-of-office message.
- In Outlook, click on Tools.
- Select Out of Office from the menu bar.
- Select Send Out Of Office messages.
- Enter your out of office response in the Reply to messages with box below.
- Note: The response entered in this field will ONLY be sent to INTERNAL UCSD email addresses.
- Specify a start and end time for the reply to activate and deactivate. Check the I am out of the office between box and specity the time in the START date and End Date field.
- Select the Send replies outside my company to check box.
- Click on Address Book contacts only or Anyone outside my company.
- Address Book contacts only option sends the out of office response only to the external emails in your Address Book on your computer.
- Anyone outside my company option sends the out of office response to anyone that sends you an email.
- Enter the message that will be sent to external (non-UCSD) email addresses.
- Click on OK.
- In Outlook, click on Tools then Out of Office.
- Click on Do not send Out Of Offices messages.
- Click OK.
- Note: Even though the previous Out of Office message is still in the text box, the Out of Office Assistant is no longer active..