Setting Up Windows 8 Mail Using IMAP
November 21, 2012 2:44:31 PM PST
Follow these steps to set up Windows 8 Mail to access your UCSD e-mail account using IMAP.
Before beginning these steps, ensure that:
- You have setup a Microsoft account in Windows 8.
- You have your Active Directory (AD) username and password. Your username is usually the first part of your UCSD email address (before the @ symbol). If you forgot your password, you can reset it.
- A Department incoming mail server if you are not on the central campus mail server (mail.ucsd.edu).
- Click the Mail tile in the Start screen to open the Mail program
- Press Windows key + I on the keyboard to open Mail settings
- Select Accounts
- Select Other Account to add an account.
- Select Show more details
- Enter your UCSD e-mail address in the Email address field
- Enter your AD username in the Username field
- Enter your AD passsword in the Password field
- Enter mail.ucsd.edu in the Incoming (IMAP) email server field
- Enter smtp.ucsd.edu in the Outgoing (SMTP) email server field
- Click Connect to add the account