Filtering Spam in Entourage — Basic
March 11, 2013 2:36:51 PM PDT
Set up mail filters to decrease junk mail (also known as spam) in your e-mail inbox. This basic form of filtering uses the spam status header to filter junk mail into a separate folder.
In the right place? See also advanced instructions.
- Open Entourage.
- Select Tools, and then click Rules.
- Click New.
- For Rule name, type Spam
- Click the arrows next to All messages and select Specific Header.
- In the field next to it, type X-Spam-Flag
- In the field next to Contains, type YES in all caps.
- Click the down pointing arrow next to Change status, and select Move message.
- Click the arrows next to Inbox, and select Choose folder.
- Click New Folder.
- Type Spam in the Name field.
- Click Create to continue. The new Spam rule will show up in your Rules window.
- Close the window.
- Incoming e-mail that appears to be spam will automatically be moved to the new folder you created.
- It's possible for legitimate e-mail to be marked as spam.
- Periodically check the contents of the Spam folder to ensure that this has not occurred before deleting its contents.