Electronic Mailing Lists at UCSD
February 14, 2013 4:34:34 PM PST
Find out where to go to subscribe to, create, and e-mail mailing lists at UCSD.
Notify, e-mail, and respond to a specific campus community through the convenience of electronic mailing lists.
UCSD uses the Mailman program, which lets you manage mailing lists and subscriptions via webpages. Using Mailman, you can configure hundreds of options for any mailing lists you manage. It automatically reduces spam and keeps mailing lists clean. Central service machines maintain Mailman mailing lists for all UCSD users.
Lists and services
UCSD hosts electronic mailing lists on a wide variety of topics. Refer to these pages for electronic mailing list help:
- Subscribe or unsubscribe to a list: Find out how to subscribe to a list, and set or change your subscription preferences.
- Create a new list: Find out how to create and manage a mailing list using Mailman.
- Look up a list: See the complete list of public mailing lists.
- E-mail a list: Address your e-mail to ListNamefirstname.lastname@example.org (be sure you've replaced "ListName" with your intended mailing list).
- Note that most mailing lists require you to subscribe before you can post to them. Some lists allow only administrators to post; in such cases, even if you’re subscribed to a list you may not be able to post to it.
Official mailing lists
Use these links for official mailing list help:
Note: This page has a friendly link that’s easy to remember: http://blink.ucsd.edu/go/mailinglists