Notify, e-mail, and respond to a specific campus community through the convenience of electronic mailing lists.
UCSD uses the Mailman program, which lets you manage mailing lists and subscriptions via webpages. Using Mailman, you can configure hundreds of options for any mailing lists you manage. It automatically reduces spam and keeps mailing lists clean. Central service machines maintain Mailman mailing lists for all UCSD users.
Lists and services
UCSD hosts electronic mailing lists on a wide variety of topics. Refer to these pages for electronic mailing list help:
- Subscribe or unsubscribe to a list: Find out how to subscribe to a list, and set or change your subscription preferences.
- Create a new list: Find out how to create and manage a mailing list using Mailman.
- Look up a list: See the complete list of public mailing lists.
- E-mail a list: Address your e-mail to ListNamefirstname.lastname@example.org (be sure you've replaced "ListName" with your intended mailing list).
- Note that most mailing lists require you to subscribe before you can post to them. Some lists allow only administrators to post; in such cases, even if you’re subscribed to a list you may not be able to post to it.
Official mailing lists
Use these links for official mailing list help:
- Subscribe to official lists: Learn how to subscribe to official campus mailing lists, such as ucsd-notices or ucsd-flyers.
- Post to official lists: See a list of official campus mailing lists managed by Policy & Records Administration, and learn how to post to them.
- Notices must be routed through the appropriate vice chancellor. Once your e-mail has VC approval, it will be posted to the requested official campus list by Policy & Records Administration. Fliers may be sent to email@example.com for processing.
- Student flyers mailing list: Send requests to post to firstname.lastname@example.org (moderated by the Center for Student Involvement).