Setting Up Blackberry Z10 E-mail for Exchange
April 30, 2013 2:37:33 PM PDT
Follow these steps to set up your Blackberry Z10 device to access your UCSD Exchange e-mail account.
Before you begin, you need:
- An Active Directory (AD) username and password. Your username is usually the first part of your UCSD e-mail address before the @ symbol. If you forgot your password, reset it.
- An Exchange account in the UCSD Campus Exchange Organization.
- The name of the Exchange server that hosts your Exchange mailbox.
- A Blackberry Z10
- Select Settings from the main menu.
- Select Accounts from the system settigns menu.
- Select Advanced at the bottom of the add account screen.
- On the Advanced Setup screen, select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
- Enter ad or ad.ucsd.edu for the Domain field.
- Enter your Active Directory username in the Username field.
- Enter your UCSD email in the email address field.
- Enter your AD password in the Password field (continuation on 2nd image).
- Enter mail.ucsd.edu in the Server address field if you use the central Exchange server. Contact your system administrator if your department uses a different server.
- Port listed should be 443.
- Turn on Use secure connection (SSL).
- Turn on Push for always on capability.
- Set sync timeframe to 7 days.
- Turn on sync for email, contacts, calendar, tasks and memos. It may take a few minutes to fully sync all your messages to your inbox.
- Click Done to complete the setup.