October 12, 2012 11:23:48 AM PDT
Learn about the UCPath Program.
UCPath stands for University of California Payroll, Academic Personnel, Timekeeping and Human Resources. Originally named the PPS Initiative, UCPath involves the replacement of PPS as well as the creation of a more effective and efficient way to deliver payroll and human resources services to UC employees through the Shared Services Center. UCPath is a UC system-wide program and is one of the main tenants of the Working Smarter resolution. It is one of the most complex operational initiatives ever undertaken at the University.
Based on studies performed by third parties, UC recognized that its payroll and human resources processes can be greatly streamlined and standardized across locations, resulting in more efficient operations and higher quality of service to employees. The project encompasses three main areas:
- Implement enabling technology: Replace PPS with Oracle’s PeopleSoft payroll and HR systems.
- Streamline and standardize processes: Standardize all related payroll and HR/APO business processes UC-wide.
- Centralize transactional activities: Centralize payroll and HR/APO processes through the Shared Services Center.
When UCPath is complete:
- There will be a single payroll and HR solution for all employees UC-wide.
Employees will have access to their information and be able to make changes via online self service.
- Dedicated customer support staff will provide accurate and timely information by phone, email or chat.
Payroll processing will be real-time, automated, efficient and accurate.
HR, payroll and academic personnel transactional processes will be simplified and consistent across all UC locations.
Consistent, quality data will be readily available to improve analytical reporting, and decision making.
UC will deliver payroll and HR services at a substantially lower cost than today.