Bus Zone Stickers and Pilot Compass Cards
- The hexagonal gold stickers with 7/31/2014 expiration date must be replaced with new round blue and gold stickers, valid through 10/15/2014. Note: Secure stickers will become VOID if peeled, removed, or repositioned.
- With student approval of a transit fee referendum last May, a regional transit UPass will be implemented during Fall Quarter 2014.
- Faculty and Staff: The pilot MTS Compass Card for Bus Zone test program will be extended through summer 2014. Cards will update automatically; no office visit is required. (Cards valid during active employment status only.)
- Affiliates: Current affiliates who are not faculty or staff are eligible for a new Bus Zone sticker.
- Stickers and pilot Compass Cards are available at the campus parking office. Hillcrest employees may obtain a pilot Compass Card at the Bachman parking office. UC San Diego photo ID card required.
Gilman Transit Center Construction
As part of the SuperLoop project plan, the San Diego Association of Governments (SANDAG) and the Metropolitan Transit System (MTS) are building a new Transit Center on the UC San Diego campus. Shuttle and bus stops are temporarily relocated during construction. Get details
- Temporary stop relocation: Due to construction of the Gilman Transit Center, the Gilman/ Myers shuttle stops will be temporarily relocated to the existing shuttle stops at Gilman/ Mandeville Lane (north and south) effective June 16, 2014. Affected routes include Campus Loop, Coaster, Hillcrest/ Campus, Mesa, and Sanford Consortium.
- Summer service: Hillcrest/ Campus, Sanford Consortium, and Coaster shuttles will operate regular schedules. The following shuttle service changes are effective June 16 through Sept. 26, 2014:
- Campus Loop shuttles will run in both directions every 15 minutes between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- CityShuttles (combined Arriba/Nobel route) will run every 15 minutes from 7 a.m. to 7p.m. (last Mandeville departure at 7 p.m.)
- East/Regents shuttles service will be suspended.
- Mesa Housing shuttles will run every 15 minutes from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and every 30 minutes from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. (last South Mesa departure at 8:30 p.m.; last Gilman & Myers departure at 8:35 p.m.)
- SIO shuttles will run every 15 minutes from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. (last Peterson Hall departure at 6:30 p.m.; last P003 departure at 6:45 p.m.)
- Check ucsdbus.com for service alerts. Click “Alerts” and sign up to get notified automatically via text message.
- Follow ucsdshuttles on Twitter.
NCTD Coaster and North County buses
- North County Transit District (NCTD) website
San Diego Metropolitan Transit Service (MTS) buses
- SuperLoop routes 201 and 202 will begin pilot service to existing bus stops at the Gilman footbridge on March 28, 2013 to evaluate the possibility of making these permanent SuperLoop stops.
- For more information, visit www.sandag.org/superloop.
- San Diego Metropolitan Transit Service website