Student Affairs: All-Staff Meetings
November 7, 2013 4:02:08 PM PST
Join other Student Affairs staff members at the Vice Chancellor's biannual meetings.
The Vice Chancellor – Student Affairs invites all staff to meet to celebrate successes, learn more about one other, and explore topics of current interest. Meetings are usually held each Spring and Fall Quarter; meeting dates are announced through the Student Affairs staff e-mail list.
Next scheduled meetings
Save the date and join your colleagues at the next Student Affairs All-Staff Meetings. Times, locations, and agendas will be sent via e-mail as these dates approach.
- Fall Quarter: Tuesday, October 29, 2013
- Spring Quarter: Tuesday, April 29, 2014
Bring questions for the Vice Chancellor
Ask your questions in person at the meeting, or fill out a card at the name-tag table when you arrive. To ask anonymous questions, send them to Stephanie Wong (Mail Code 0015) before the meeting date.
Material from previous VCSA all-staff meetings (all PDFs unless noted):
Agenda and breakout session presentations:
- Associated Students: Meet Our Student Leaders, led by Heather Belk, AS Director
- Engaging our International and Out-of-State Students (PDF / PPT with notes), presented by Dulce Dorado (International Center) and Patty Mahaffey (Muir College)
- Student Affairs Assessment, A Brief Overview, presented by Marlene Lowe, Student Affairs
- UC Path and UC Path Center: Transforming the Way Business is Done (PDF / PPT with notes), presented by Toni Hock, Business and Financial Services
- UCSD Work/Life Programs: Resources and Discounts for Staff, presented by Danielle Schulte, Human Resources
- Writing and Organizing Web-Page Content ( PDF / PPT with notes), presented by Karen Fisher, Student Affairs Technology Services (SATS)
Wellness presentation materials:
Breakout session presentations:
The agenda for the Fall meeting included:
See Dr. Rue's presentation to all staff — Thriving in Turbulent Times — and these breakout session presentations:
- Increasing Your Value Through Customer Service, presented by Julie Rice
- Tips on "Managing Up" — How to Create a Better Supervisory Relationship, presented by Andy Ceperley
- What Makes a Good Supervisor? Three Things Every Supervisor Must Know and Practice to Be Successful, presented by Danielle Schulte
- How We Are Improving Student Life — With a Focus on Commuter Students, presented by Gary Ratcliff
- Things You Never Knew About Our Students and Were Afraid to Ask, presented by Bill Armstrong
- How You Can Recognize and Help Troubled Students, presented by Judy Goodman Fermin
- Meet UCSD's Student Leaders — What Issues Concern Our Current Students the Most, presented by a student panel from Associated Students/ Graduate Student Association
- What's Going On in the Colleges — Student Life Up Close and Personal, presented by Council of Deans/ Resident Deans
- Developing a Culture of Wellness: What's Happening, What's Coming, and How You Can Be Involved, presented by Karen Calfas and Jerry Phelps
- Staff@Work survey information:
- Agenda: Dr. Larry D. Roper, Vice Provost for Student Affairs at Oregon State University, spoke on community and diversity.
- Presentation notes: "Creating the World in Which You Want to Live: Student Affairs as Community" (PDF/ PPT)
Note: This page has a friendly link that's easy to remember: http://blink.ucsd.edu/go/vcsastaffmeetings