April 15, 2013 2:07:43 PM PDT
Discover how the Donor Stewardship Office acknowledges gifts to the university, administers funds, facilitates the creation of endowed chairs, and oversees fundraising groups.
The Donor Stewardship Office seeks to strengthen ongoing relationships with the university's donors by providing timely communication about gift funds and supporting the appropriate use of those funds.
See our Mission Statement. Located in External and Business Affairs, Advancement Services, Donor Stewardship helps facilitate the areas listed below.
Donor Stewardship supports the production of:
- Receipt letters
- UC San Diego Honor Roll of Donors
- Acknowledgement letters
- First-time donor acknowledgement
- Honor and memorial acknowledgements
- Employer matching gift reminders and acknowledgements
Donor Stewardship helps you oversee funds by:
- Ensuring compliance with UC and UCSD policies
- Informing units about the purpose and appropriate use of gift funds, upon request
- Providing annual endowed fund reports that show market value, gift inflows, and payout
- Providing campus leadership with filled/ unfilled endowed chair reports
- Sustaining donor relations by partnering with Development to create Impact Reports
- Analyzing current use fund activity
Individual donors can be honored by naming university property, a program, or facility. Donor Stewardship facilitates the approvals for naming agreements.
- Donor Stewardship partners with Campus Planning to maintain a comprehensive campus list of donor namings
Donor Stewardship helps facilitate the approval process for endowed chairs by:
- Maintaining comprehensive records about endowed chairs, their purpose, approval, and funds associated with the chairs.
- Facilitating any changes made to endowed chair names, purposes, or terms (these are rare)
- Working with Development and other campus representatives seeking to establish chairs
- Monitoring and identifying chairs that are unfilled for an extended period or have accumulated income
Endowed Chair policy (PDFs):
Complete list of endowed chairs at UC San Diego
The Support Group Office oversees the creation and compliance of any group or organization whose primary purpose is to assist the campus through fundraising, public outreach, and other support for the university’s mission.
If you have any questions regarding Donor Stewardship or information found on this page, please contact us.