This certification includes both classroom training as well as hands-on practicum. Students will attend full days of in-class training, one day per week over a 6 week period at UCSD Extension. Find course details. In addition to the classroom training, each candidate will complete a process improvement project at work that would result in significant impact.
If you are interested in learning more about the course, please attend an upcoming information session. If you are unable to attend in-person, you may attend a live stream of the information session via the UC San Diego Extension Facebook page on August 25, 2016 at 8:00 AM.
The Green Belt course is offered during the Fall, Winter, and Spring quarters. Applications are accepted once a year for all offerings.
The scholarship application requires you to submit your demographic information, resume/CV, a personal statement, a proposed process improvement project, and a supervisor endorsement.
- Cover Sheet (Word file)
- Personal Statement (Word file)
- Project Proposal (Word file)
- Supervisor Endorsement (Word file)
FY16/17 Application Deadline: August 31, 2016
Incomplete applications and applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Email your completed application package to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The program is best suited for staff members who are highly involved in business process activities. Applicants should have knowledge of basic statistics, project management, and team leadership skills. Familiarity with Microsoft Powerpoint is strongly recommended.
Applicants must have one or more years of service at UC (past probation, career status) as of the application deadline. Supervisor support is essential to the success of LSS Green Belt students. Highest priority will be given to individuals with:
- Demonstrated process improvement career path (through education and/or experience)
- One to five years of experience in business analysis or managing projects
- One to five years in current job
- Administrative Analyst equivalent or above
- A viable process improvement project (able to complete in 10 week period, expected impact of $50k savings)
- Demonstrated supervisor support