Through world-class services and technologies, Information Technology Services empowers UC San Diego's mission to transform California and the world by supporting its efforts as a student-centered, research-focused, service-oriented public university.
As a strategic member of the UC San Diego community, Information Technology Services delivers innovative IT services, infrastructure, applications, and support. We are customer focused and committed to collaboration, continual improvement, and accountability.
Information Technology Services brings together three former entities:
- Academic Computing & Media Services (ACMS)
- Administrative Computing and Technology (ACT)
- Integrated Digital Infrastructure (IDI)
This change was made as a result of an external review of UC San Diego's IT infrastructure and extensive feedback from internal stakeholders, including students, faculty, researchers, and staff.
Leadership and Governance
The IT Executive Governance Committee provides strategic leadership, establishes campus-wide IT priorities and policies, and is accountable to the university community.
- Chair: Interim Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs Peter Cowhey
- Academic Senate Chair Robert Continetti
- Chancellor appointees: Director, Qualcomm Institute Larry Smarr; Director, Teaching + Learning Commons Gabriele Wienhausen; Director, San Diego Supercomputer Center Mike Norman
- Chancellor's Cabinet: Vice Chancellor for Research Affairs Sandy Brown, Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs Juan Gonzalez, Vice Chancellor and Chief Financial Officer Pierre Ouillet
- University Librarian Brian Schottlaender
- Academic Affairs representatives: Associate Vice Chancellor for Computational Health Sciences Jill Mesirov, Associate Vice Chancellor for Marine Sciences/ Deputy Director for Research Jeff Gee, Senior Vice Chancellor for Academic Planning & Resources Bill Hodgkiss
- The Campus CIO and the Health Sciences CIO will attend
Have a question about our services?
ITS Help Desk
9500 Gilman Drive
Mail Code 0929
La Jolla CA 92093-0929
10280 N. Torrey Pines Road
La Jolla CA 92037