- The Safety Award For Excellence celebrates UC San Diego employees who excel in creating and maintaining a safe and healthy workplace.
Recent Winner: Assistant Vice Chancellor Mark Cunningham, Housing-Dining-Hospitality, hailed for a career devoted to promoting safety for students, employees, and visitors at UC San Diego. Read more in the SAFE Hall of Fame!
UC San Diego's commitment to safety depends on the willingness of every individual to pursue a safe, healthful, and environmentally sound work place. Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) recognizes employees who are making the campus a SAFE place with the Safety Award For Excellence. EH&S selects winners from nominations received from the UC San Diego community. Winners receive a plaque or trophy, tribute in EH&S newsletters, and gift certificates for lunch at the Faculty Club. Individuals and work groups are eligible.
Nominees must satisfy at least 1 or more of the 5 criteria listed below:
- Implementing a safety program for their workplace
- Taking an active role and being a strong advocate of safety and health
- Demonstrating significant improvement over previous conditions
- Consistently maintaining a good safety program over a number of years
- Making an extra effort to improve or correct a specific aspect of safety within the workplace