ACT Financial Team: Quarterly Release Notes
February 1, 2011 4:37:01 PM PST
See a list of quarterly release notes from the ACT Financial Team.
1. Upgrade of FinancialLink Journal Voucher application
We are pleased to announce that a legacy web application in FinancialLink (WebIFIS Journal Voucher) has been completely re-designed with campus needs and newer technology in mind. The journal voucher application was created in 1999 to provide campus with a simplified web user interface, as a replacement for the older IFIS “green screens” on the mainframe. Since then the WebIFIS application has grown and now accounts for 95% of all real-time financial IFIS activity from campus. The current re-design project was undertaken to update the WebIFIS application for today’s technology standards and business needs on campus.
Below is a summary of the benefits included in the new version:
- Stabilizing the application for more consistent uptime, resulting in fewer ACT help desk tickets.
- The web application now supports the format of the departmental batch IFIS JV files. This now means that
- IFIS batch files FTPd to ACT on a nightly basis, can now be uploaded real-time through WebIFIS instead.
- Errors are shown to the end user in real-time, and posting is also real-time, thus speeding up the end to end process of IFIS posting dramatically.
- Now users doing bulk JV uploads and download an excel template online for easy data entry and consistency.
- Retirement of old unsupported technology and replacing with newer, more flexible web components.
- Upgrading the user interface to include auto-complete features for some common fields, and be more consistent with the look and feel styling of FinancialLink.
- The user interface now has 75% less screens and pop-up windows for easier navigation.
- Accounting information is validated in real time before a request to IFIS is sent.
- Option to send a copy of the receipt via email to another user
To view the new web application, please visit the FinancialLink main page and select "Transactions" from the toolbar or dropdown, then “Financial Transactions”. Or, you may simply visit the link directly at https://act.ucsd.edu/jvoucher/index.htm
2. Expresscard Attachments - Distribution Module
In 2012 the ability to attach documents to expresscard transactions was rolled out to campus. Now as of May 6th, 2013 campus users can add attachments while splitting transactions in the distribution screens. In the coming weeks these attachments will be available from ledger report drilldowns as well.
3. Campus Deposit System (Pilot)
The CDS system is a new web-based user interface replacing the existing UCSD ISIS system for processing Campus Miscellaneous Cash Deposits through the Central Cashiers Office. CDS will create and post a journal directly into ISIS. This is a great advantage of CDS as it will streamline and provide better audit trail and internal controls for miscellaneous cash deposits. For example, CDS has business rule edits built into the system that will help eliminate incorrect and/or improper accounting information. CDS will also allow users to import spreadsheet files into their own templates when preparing new deposits. In addition, CDS provides the users with tools to monitor their miscellaneous cash deposits from beginning of the process to the end of the process. CDS will allow users to enter Miscellaneous Cash Deposits using standard web browsers available on most desktop computing systems.
This application is now in pilot with a small group of core users starting in April 2013. The duration for the pilot is approx 2-3 months before official campus launch in the new fiscal year.
4. TMS Billing Adjustments v1.0
A new web based administrative module for the telecom recharge billing review and billing adjustments for the campus ledgers will be live on 03/01/2013. This module is replacing an old client-server application which will now be retired.
5. MyTravel - Travel Card Enhancements
The following enhancements to MyTravel were released as part of this release -
- Traveler's Travel Card transactions and account balance due are now available to view. Transactions are loaded daily into MyTravel from the bank.
- A new advance/prepayment type was created to allow for prepayments to travelers UCSD Travel Card. This feature allows Travel Cardholders to prepay business expenses, reduce the number of checks sent by UCSD Travel to hotels, conferences, etc., capture spend on the corporate card and streamline all travel prepayment processes.
- Final payment to the Travel Card will still be required to reconcile any additional items. Trips can have multiple travel card prepayments and one final payment.
6. ENPET/EPET Updates
The following enhancements to ENPET & EPET were released as part of this release -
- Transactions on gift funds will now no longer require OPAFS approval. Final approval now rests with the department initiating the approval.
- Transactions on clinical trial funds will now no longer require OPAFS approval. Final approval now rests with the department initiating the approval.
- New rule class edits were added by general accounting that need to be supported in the application.
- ENPET and EPET change from high risk to low risk - when only non OPAFS funds are involved
- Fix ENPET to mirror EPET regarding Cost sharing for A133 Audit
- Add Travel transactions drilldown
7. Financial Data Consolidation (Historical)
If you are a consumer of financial data warehouse data you should have received multiple communications leading up to 05/12/2013 indicating that the yearly versioned schemas (1995 - 2013) are being consolidated into one global schema going forward. The benefits of this change are increased query and application speed (performance) and reduced maintenance from ACT staff. Please contact the ACT data warehouse team if you have any questions regarding this activity at ACT-DataWarehouse@ad.ucsd.edu
1. MyTimeEntry (Mobile Edition)
We are pleased to release another mobile business tool for the campus community. In 2012, as part of our effort to reduce paper and raise our business efficiency, the new electronic time and attendance tool MyTimeEntry, was released to the campus. Since then, MyTimeEntry has been gaining popularity. Over 6000 UC San Diego employees are now electronically submitting time using this new web application and the user adoption continues to grow. As an enhancement to this tool, effective today, a new simplified mobile edition of this application is available for tablet or smartphone. This new mobile application enables time submission and time approval on the go and provides the additional convenience and flexibility for faculty and staff.
To take advantage of this new mobile Web application, please visit m.ucsd.edu on your mobile device and then select “Blink Tools”. Or, you may simply enter mytime.ucsd.edu on your mobile device and you will be directed to the new mobile Web application.
2. TMS Inventory v1.0
A new web based administrative module for the retrieval, reporting, addition and catagorization of inventory for the campus telecom install group is now live. This module is replacing an old client-server application which will now be retired.
3. MyTimeEntry (1.75)
The latest release of MTE (v1.75) will be released to campus on 02/25/2013. The features contained within this release are detailed below.
- Revised holiday pay calculations for bi-weekly employees. These changes will take effect on 04/28/2013.
- Fixed the bug where timekeeper cannot spread "Other" hours to more than one appointment.
- Fixed the bug where submitting time on an appointment end date displays an error.
- Changed the “No Time Reported” message to “ No Exceptions or Time to Report”
- Changed the reporting requirement for exempt employees from whole hours increments to ¼ hour increments.
- Changed the unknown error messages to direct the users to the help desk or the payroll dept.
4. Upgrade of TAR (Timekeeping)
The old version of the timekeeping web application (timekeepers only) has been upgraded to use standard web technology, replacing an older, costlier piece of software. Additionally, some user interface enhancements were made to allow for better workflow and lookup features. Also, links to the new TAR application have been added into MTE, Employeelink and timekeeping menus. As of 02/25/2013, all timekeepers will be re-directed automatically to the new version.
1. FTB/1099 Withholding
Major modifications were made to the non-resident state withholdings for 1099 vendors with the university. The FTB mandated withholding rules were incorporated into IFIS on the first $1500.00 of all invoices for such vendors. In addition to the modifications in AP, new annual reporting was built in the data warehouse, and a new electronic feed to the IRS has been put in place for future quarterly reporting.
2. Migration of all Financial systems to virtual machines (VM)
The final phase of virtualization has been completed for all financial and administrative web applications. The following is a list of improvements and their effect on campus services.
1) Application virtualization - allows for much longer system uptime (near 24/7) by adding redundant web servers. This allows for most maintenance to be performed without bringing down the systems. Additionally, the virtual environment brings the ability to add additional processing power or system resources "on the fly" in the case of demand spikes.
2) Database virtualization - allows for much longer database uptime (near 24/7) by adding redundant database servers. This allows for most maintenance to be performed without bringing down the databases.
3) High Availability Failover - eliminates the impact to Financial and Administrative systems in the event of a hardware failure. The infrastructure will failover to a redundant server real-time immediately upon detection of the hardware failure.
3. MyEvents & Mytravel Workflow Streamlining
In order to speed up the end-to-end processing of travel and entertainment events, a new set of central office admin tools has been created for use by the travel office and disbursements. These allow central office intervention on special exception cases, or events that may have gotten stuck in the workflow pipeline due to after the fact changes in the approvals or traveler/department information. Also many business functions have been automated with exception reporting and accompanying tools for per diem rate updates and other maintenance functions.
4. MTE v1.7
The latest release of MTE (v1.7) will be released to campus between 12/07/2012 and 12/15/2012 depending on campus readiness. The features contained within this release are detailed below.
- Admin Actions - The ability to perform high level administrative actions for timecard overrides and exception processing has been added into the application for central offices (payroll), with a delegation feature to timekeepers for temporary changes.
- Timecard Notes - Timekeepers can now add notes when processing time cards. This will provide a better audit trail for specific types of actions and calculations.
- Employee Paycycle Changes - In preparation for the coming bi-weekly cycle changes (January 2013) the time entry view was changed to show both monthly and bi-weekly views for converted employees. Now employees and supervisors can switch between paycycles for affected employees.
- Data Audit Requirements - The data being collected for audit purposes after each update was expanded for better reporting and controls.
- Employee Time Entry by Appt. - Now time entry is only permitted for an appointment effective date ranges.
- Integration with MyLeaveBalances - Now direct links to MyLeaveBalances are conveniently located on all tabs.
- MTE data in the Data Warehouse - (Available January 2013) MTE data from the application is being made available in the data warehouse for expanded reporting and general campus consumption.
5. TAR (Timekeeping) Upgrade v2.0
The timekeeping application (TAR) has been upgraded to use standard web technology for better support and functionality. The functions and the look and feel will remain identical, however the underlying technology will be much more stable and supportable. The converted version of this application will be in pilot mode with the payroll office only for the duration of 2012, with a campus release in Q1 of 2013. Upon campus switchover, the TAR application will become part of the MTE system (new menu item made available).
6. Travel card pre-payment option added to MyTravel
Travel Office Announcement: Starting Monday, December 3, 2012 say goodbye to hotel deposits and conference registration fee prepayments via check or wire and those pesky amendment trips with MyTravel 3.0’s Travel Card prepayment option. This new feature allows travelers to use their Travel Card to pay merchants directly and ensure timely payments to keep their account current. This great time-saver will assist travel preparers from requesting and monitoring check or wire status and keeps all trip expenses together on one trip number!
7. Payroll Projections 3.2
- Paid Direct academic employees with a 0% appointment should only project benefits
- Payroll Projections Monthly Detail report: report without detail does not show the overrides
- Payroll Projections Detail report sub 3 total doesn’t match EBS report
- Override not projecting benefits
- GSRTF rates had been updated
- Benefit exception list by Fund updated
- Corrected calculations for a distribution with an expiration date
- Allow user to search by Fund and Organization in any report and Payroll Projections home screen
- Download any report to excel
8. Cost Share 2.1
- Search results now displayed inactive funds in gray
- Ability to send email directly from Bin
- Ability to email reports
- Ability to export reports to excel
- Transaction search enhancements for multiyear searches
- Exclude Rule Class GRIC and CR05 from allowable Cost Sharing
- IDC and DC calculation enhancements
- Monthly batch job email enhancements
- New total Award Commitment calculation
- Confirmation screen clarification and enhancements
- Ability to delete a bin
- Ability to search for partial Fund numbers
- Ability exclude accounts in tx search
- Ability to edit or add new transaction after committment total changes
- Ability to differentiate with active versus all (inactive) awards/funds
- Fixed incorrect display of Fund Manager at the award level
- Ability to override by dollar value at the global level
1. MTE v1.5.7
Some of the new upgrades are:
- Time Approver Employee History- Supervisors
- can now view timecard history for their employees.
- Timecard Workflow- View the entire workflow of a timecard to understand what actions were taken, when and by whom.
- Added a loader indicator when searching names.
- Added date to “cannot be accepted until after the due date” message.
- Added “No Data Available” to summary screens with no results.
- Right justify hours totals on summary reports.
- Multiple department (alternate) timekeeper acceptance
- Shift differentials
2. Mobile version of MyTravel
As of July 2012, you can now visit the UCSD mobile website, click on the "Blink Tools" icon and use the new mobile travel app! The simplified interface is geared towards the traveler on who is offsite and may not have access to a university computer. The mobile version of MyTravel allows you to create new trips, create expenses for an existing trip, attach pictures/images of receipts, and submit for approval all before returning to back from your trip! The app supports all popular mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets.
To visit the mobile UCSD website go to: http://m.ucsd.edu/
To visit the mobile Travel app directly go to: https://act.ucsd.edu/travel/m/
3. TMS Directory v1.0
A new web based administrative module for the setup, disposition and location of telecom and NGN billing directory information has been rolled out. This module is replacing an old client-server application which will now be retired.
4. TMS Install Base v1.0
A new web based administrative module for the review and disposition of telecom equiptment, inventory and billing information mapped to individual dept. users has been rolled out. This module is replacing an old client-server application which will now be retired.
5. FinancialLink Portal Upgrade
We are pleased to announce that FinancialLink has been completely redesigned with campus users in mind. Not only did the redesign project consolidate and standardize how financial information is presented, it modernized the underlying technology improving flexibility and effeciency. Users will experience the single portal concept that recognizes who is signed in and tailors relevant information to that person.
A few of the main benefits:
- Changes FinancialLink from a static page of tool bookmarks into a portal for financial campus users, tailored to their specific needs, with content updated in real time.
- Newer, Blink 2.0 design with new technology widgets and responsive design (dynamic UI) that will adapt to any device’s screen size.
- Consolidated financial information in one place, with organization and relevance based on campus user feedback.
- Easier user workflow and navigation, plus a customizable bookmarks section for each individual user’s workflow preferences.
- Puts complete control over content with the business stakeholders. Changes to FinancialLink content can now be done in the CMS without IT involvement.
- Important information (such as fiscal calendars and training courses) that was previously buried and hard to find is now updated and displayed in prominent locations relevant to the actions being performed.
- New “Alerts” section provides an easy and fast way to communicate central office messages that need to reach the financial campus community in a timely fashion.
- New “Release Notes” section provides an easy and fast way to see what new tools, reports and applications are now available.
- New “Search Knowledge Base” section provides answers to common questions and issues.
6. Expresscard New Module (Attachment Manager)
The ability to go paperless when performing reconciliation/approvals using Expresscard (EC Manager) is now available for campus departments. A new module was developed (Attachment Manager) and is available for use from the expresscard main menu. It allows the upload of receipts, packing slips, and other supporting documentation to individual expresscard transactions. This functionality will be available to the campus by August 20th, 2012.
7. MTE v1.6
Some of the new features in this release:
- The employee's time entry calendar will now display to the supervisor from the time entry detail screen.
- Supervisor comments are now prompted for upon approval/denial of a time submitted. The comments will be reflected in the notification to the employee.
- Retro-adjustments to prior periods are now displayed in the approval summary page. The history of these adjustments will go back 2 prior months on the screen.
- Employee comments are default expanded for supervisors to view.
- Supervisors and timekeepers can now view the status of saved, denied or pending timecards.
- Timekeepers that manage or share timekeeper codes can now independently setup due dates by timekeeper codes.
8. Mobile MyTravel now supports attachments for Apple Products (Ipad, IPhone)
With the latest release of the new Apple mobile operating system (iOS6), you can now upload images of receipts, invoices and other document formats (PDF, Excel, Word) through the mobile version of MyTravel. The only pre-requisite is that you must upgrade to iOS6 before unlocking this functionality in the app.
Please consult with your local technical support team for assistance, if necessary.
9. MyTravel - New traveler ACH synch between payroll and travel
In the past when a new traveler was being setup in MyTravel, they needed to have an ACH record in the financial system (IFIS) before getting a travel reimbursement. For many first time travelers, this was processed manually even though they already had direct deposit set up in the payroll system. Now Mytravel is synchronized with the payroll system for all ACH direct deposit information - thus eliminating the manual setup for new travelers.
1. MyTravel v3.0 (Campus Release)
A suite of improvements is on board in MyTravel, which has been an
efficient way to claim travel expenses online at UCSD since 2003.
Exciting new features make MyTravel 3.0 easy and convenient for
travelers and administrative staff.
New self-serve options allow travelers to use MyTravel to initiate a
request for trip set up and expense prepayment, with approval routing to
the designated preparer and approver. For all, MyTravel becomes UCSD’s
single travel processing tool, replacing TravelLink which will be
retired. For traveler convenience, a mobile version of MyTravel 3.0 is
available for entering items on-the-go during trips which have
Greater visibility and access is provided with a customized welcome page
showing each MyTravel user their inbox of items awaiting approval. A
new upload feature is used to attach required documentation so that
items like required receipts are associated with the online MyTravel
claim for review by preparers, approvers, and auditors.
MyTravel is expanded to handle more claim types. New trip types include
Move/Transfer, Recruitment, and Group travel, which previously required
a paper Travel Expense Form (TEF). MyTravel 3.0 replaces Payment
Authorization as the method for claims limited to an expense for
mileage, or mileage and parking.
Streamlined processing and prompt reimbursement will continue in
MyTravel; however the Travel Team will provide final review of some
claims before processing. This replaces the prior practice of post-
audits. With MyTravel 3.0, UCSD Travel resumes its role as office of
retention for all travel claims.
MyTravel 3.0 is the result of campus demand, the Travel Tiger Team
(campus business process Rapid Process Redesign initiative),
Administrative Computing and Telecommunications, and the UCSD Travel
While training is not required, learning resources include instructions
and Web demos. Some in-person sessions will continue to be offered.
Please watch for updates on the Blink Travel tab at
To use MyTravel, please go to http://mytravel.ucsd.edu
Comments and questions may be directed to Travel@UCSD.edu
2. MyTravel v3.1
The following release was performed in the weeks following the initial campus launch. Below is a list of the enhancements and bug fixes in this release:
- Changed default attachment type to "Choose one" and added validation to force user to choose a type
- Added ability for approvers to update and cancel existing payments
- Added check info (check number, issue date, cashed date, check text) section to payment summary in MyApprovals
- Fixed ability to override new traveler account setup event when results come back for employee search
- Added link to return to inbox or document list from final approval screen
- Fixed the issue with TRP showing duplicates in inbox summary versus detail
- Added ability for approvers to cancel trips
- Checked for cancelled payments when confirming TRP cancellation
- Added cancelled status to trip search engine
- Added reconciliation info to trip summary report (when it is available)
- Updated audit to exclude changes on SelectDateTime | Summary;
- Fixed bug with audit "Final total to be reimbursed is divisible by $100" not checking for zero
- Added status criteria to trip search
- Added recon date, check number, check date and actual accounting distribution to trip summary on completed trips
- Added ability to bypass vendor lookup when a valid vendor id and address type are entered
- Added 201205 foreign per diem
- Fixed bug with send for review using primary actor as from email
- Changed all "Create payment" to "Create prepayment"
- Fixed issue with blank screen caused by missing new expense type: other_hotel_registration_refund
- Fixed bug in second level approval process pushing trips back into approval a second time
- Added automatic "message to payee" logic on traveler created payments
- Added payment document text to MyApprovals payment reports
- Fixed bug with meals per day limit when expenses were split across multiple lines
- Added trip status to results coming back on trip search engine (it was already on the inboxes)
- Updated TravelLink PERL to only let the FinLink drilldown URL through
- Added an audit note to help the Travel Office identify why an event was pushed to second level approval
- Removed address from airfare advance payment type
- Fixed bug with email not coming through on shib attributes for some users
3. Code Maintenance v1.0 (TMS)
New web based module was released to support NGN building and location administration, planning and installs. Maintenance categories include Billable Services, Inventory Groups, Recharge, Store Rooms, Work Order Types, and Inventory Types. The new web interface will be replacing an old client-server application which will now be retired.
4. TMS Access Management v1.0 (TMS)
A new web based administrative module for the provisioning and administration of access within the new web based TMS system. This module is replacing an old client-server application which will now be retired.
5. Fund Range Expansion Project
The pool of certain level 4 fund numbers will be exhausted in 2012, forcing changes to the naming conventions. The project has increased the total pool of available funds by adding alphanumeric characters to the fund naming convention pursuant to UCOP standards.
Per UCOP, the restrictions are as follows:
- First two characters must be digits
- Must use capital letters only
- Must only use the letters A-G.
- Level 4 Funds
- Current: 930010
- New: 93AG10
- Level 5 Funds
- Current: 93001A
- New: 93AG1A
6. Implementation of electronic employment verification
The UC system has chosen a vendor to perform automated employment verifications of UC employees through electronic means, eliminating the need for phone calls to the service center or printed forms. The data integration with the vendor was built and automated in May 2012 and will be effective in a going forward basis.
7. User information displayed on Index and Fund Screens
For all changes made to IFIS indexes (either through the Index Management web tool or the core IFIS screens) the SSO information is now captured at time of creation/change and displayed to the next transaction submitter. Additionally, changes made in the Fund setup screens will also capture SSO information if the web interface is used.
8. Retirement of TravelLink, Unapproved Documents
With the release of MyTravel v3.0 and the Approval Dashboard, 2 older systems have been retired from FinancialLink in favor of the new system (TravelLink, Unapproved Documents). These two systems were nearly 10 years old, running on old technology and had outlived their useful lifecycle. Additionally, these 2 systems were responsible for a large number of inbound ACT trouble tickets due to their instability from obsolete technology.
9. Shutting off Department Order and Requisitions in IFIS/WebIFIS
Effective July 1st, 2012 the department order and requisitions modules in IFIS/WebIFIS will be deactivated in favor of management through Marketplace. Please contact procurements and contracts with additional questions regarding procedures and timing.
10. Cost Center Management (CCM) release 1.1.7
CCM release 1.1.7 enhancements include:
- Ability to override an index even if ovrride exists at higher level
- Ability to create a project with active indexes only
- Active/Inactive Index display option in CCM Projects
- Increase index display limit to 500
- Enhanced error handling and user warning messages
- Updated look-n-feel
- New "Help" menu option
11. Financial Link Portal
The new Financial Link Portal was launched in preview mode. The official launch is scheduled for 18-Aug-2012 after fiscal year end closing is complete.
12. EmployeeLink Portal Upgrade
As of July 1st, 2012 ACT has released the new Employeelink Portal for the new fiscal year, replacing aging technology more than a decade old. In addition to the technology upgrade, the look and feel of the website has been given a refresh to be consistent with the rest of Blink and the Link family of applications. Finally, following the portal concept, the new home page is now tailored to the individual user logged in through single-signon. This includes a real-time dashboard of pending approvals (EPET, MyTimeEntry, etc), the addition of MyBlink custom links, and a new dynamic calendar of events containing all HR/Payroll key dates.
1. Encumbrance Lifter - Support for Project numbers
A frequently requested enhancement to the encumbrance lifter application was to add support for project number, thus reducing the amount of work performed by the end user with individual index numbers. This feature was recently approved by the focus group and added to encumbrance lifter online form located at:
2. Payroll Projections v3.0
We are pleased to announce the release of a completely redesigned payroll projections web application as part of the FinancialLink suite of tools. Various financial managers were selected from campus to provide feedback into improving usability and function of the tool in practical, everyday use. In version 3.0, the pre-existing user interface and workflows have been streamlined for ease of use, plus additional functionality and reporting capabilities have also been added.
Below is a list of the major improvements in this release:
- Payroll projections in MyFunds now are reported in the same fashion as in the Expanded Budget Summary Report in FinancialLink.
- New web navigation built between Payroll Projections and MyFunds. Users can now easily toggle between both tools.
- New “Blink 2.0” style user interface design.
- Workflows for modifying or creating projections are now semi-guided with clearer instructions and error messages.
- NGN recharges are now pre-calculated from historical charges and included in corresponding new projections.
- New auto-complete feature on input boxes allows you to locate an employee, IFOP or Project with only the first few letters.
- Added support for “By Agreement” DOS codes (BYA, BYC, BYP, BYR)
- Three new built in reports, all of which can be exported to PDF or excel formats.
- Override Project Report - Produces a report of payroll projection overrides for a specific date range.
- Payroll Projections by Month – Produces a full future projection report, by employee, by month (base + overrides).
- Payroll Projections Detail – Produces a report on the details of an employee(s) projections for a specific date range by project or index.
To access the tool, go the FinancialLink then "Transactions" on the left side menu and click on Payroll Projections 3.0 (Beta). Alternatively, you can navigate directly to the application by entering https://act.ucsd.edu/projection/index.htm directly into your browser.
3. Cost Share v2.0
Cost sharing is a formal commitment to use university resources to achieve accomplishment of a sponsored research project and is required to be managed and reported to meet the compliance requirements of OMB Circular A-110. UCSD has been using a cost sharing system developed in 1996 to meet this requirement and we are excited to announce that a new Cost Sharing system is has been released, effective February 1, 2012.
The new Cost Sharing system is the result of a campus wide team effort to design a system that is more flexible and user friendly while maintaining adequate controls and compliance standards. UCSD department staff assisted in the development and testing of the new system, to ensure that it is effective serves the campus needs.
The new Cost Share system is located at:
More information may be found at:
4. MyTravel v3.0 (Pilot)
A limited pilot of the new travel system is schedule to begin on February 13th, 2012. The new system contains hundreds of new features and enhancements with a focus on the following major categories:
1) Stabilization of the system performance - Older technology was removed and replaced with leading edge web components for a seamless user experience and to reduce the number of help desk trouble tickets received on an annual basis.
2) Simplification of the system - The older Travellink application (pre-authorization and trip setup) will be retired and all travel functionality will now reside one application (MyTravel), resulting in a single point for all travel related actions. Additionally, the workflow through the entire process has been streamlined and simplified for the traveler, approver and preparer.
3) System Design Refresh - All of the travel screens now have a "Blink 2.0" look and feel to their design. Additionally, the total number of screens has been reduced and consolidated into "dashboard" style views which show all relevant information in one single view. These dashboard views are different depending on what role you are assigned in the travel process (traveler, preparer, approver).
4) Enhanced Functionality - The new system contains hundreds of suggestions and enhancements, with the intent of bringing 99% of all travel event types into the system going forward (and off of paper or manual processes). Some of these new workflows include traveler setup, moves and transfers, group travel, and much more.
5. IRS 1099 and FTB Electronic Transmission
A new automated electronic transmission with the IRS has been created for the processing of 1099 vendor withholding data. This process will run once per quarter and provide a new streamlined method for data gathering and distribution.
6. Directory Upgrade (Student, Faculty and Staff)
The student, faculty and staff directories have been upgraded to use Blink 2.0 technology which includes a new look and feel to the user interface, as well as protecting certain aspects of the directory behind single signon for data privacy purposes. Additionally, coordinating with the campus web office, the directory has been placed is more effective areas on Blink and within some of the widely used campus applications.
1. Payment Plus v1.1
The system was modified to allow for a vendor payment to the bank to be cancelled on the same day that it was created/initiated.
2. Increased retention period for IFIS transactions
The retention period of IFIS detail transactions was formerly limited to 3 months of ledger activity. To assist audit, research and comparisons with the data warehouse statement of record IFIS will now contain up to 9 months of detail transaction history.
3. PPS Streamlining project
An effort was launched to automate as much of the PPS operational work as possible. By doing this, we would be reducing the risk to campus and removing reliance on SMEs and manual procedures. The following sub-projects have been completed as part of the larger initiative to streamline PPS operations.
1) OPEB Production Process automation with IFIS
2) TTL table comparison (UCOP/UCSD) automation
3) PPS Dos extension table comparison (UCOP/UCSD) automation.
4) Automation of control table updates (see PPS admin web tool)
5) GSTR rate update and dispersion automation
6) Lump sum payment automation
7) Costing process automation
4. IRS 1099 Non-Resident withholding
To comply with new and expanded regulations from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the California Franchise Tax Board (FTB) this project will do the following:
- Update/add features to the IFIS Vendor Maintenance screen (s) to flag/accommodate IRS and FTB reporting functionality (at present, the indicator is for IRS only); add capabilities/indicators such as ‘corporate status’, W‐9 verification, legal address (for mailing/transmitting forms)
- Modify FAYS1099 Screen/Vendor Maintenance to handle IRS and FTB processes independently, develop withholding function to be more flexible and to track payment thresholds
- Implement the capability to print FTB 592‐B forms/information reporting for transactions originating in accounts payable (can be integrated with #4) and generate electronic transmission to FTB
- Implement the production of IRS 1099‐K forms/information reporting and the FTB 592‐B forms/information reporting for transactions originating external to the accounts payable process (possibly update FAYS1099 with batch data)
5. Telecom billing and maintenance streamlining
In an effort to keep campus recharge rates consistent, the following efficiency improvements have been undertaken in Q4 to ensure the lowest cost to campus:
- The current telecom maintenance and support system is being converted over to newer, more standard technology. This will increase the future flexibility of the system to serve the campus's changing needs and reduce cost to maintain it.
- The billing for many recharge vendors on campus was examined and streamined to reduce the monthly effort internally through automation and data pre-population.
- Telecom billing, equipment inventory and customer service request data has been examined and cleansed for accuracy and timeliness.
6. MTE v1.5 (My Time Entry)
The MyTime Entry (MTE) application version 1.5 replaces the line item time reporting with an intuitive graphical calendar interface. For Timekeepers, biweekly variable employee calculations are now supported, REG base adjustments have been automated for pay employees, and retroactive adjustments to Holiday and Overtime are now supported. User interface and validation checks have been improved throughout the application.
Additionally, the pilot for MTE will be concluding in December 2011 with departmental campus rollouts beginning in January of 2012.
7. Cost Share 2.0 (Pilot)
This new release contains a new look-n-feel, better search and selection criteria, more flexible methods of cost sharing, and two new reports.
The pilot will be conducted during the first quarter of 2012.
8. Payroll Projections 3.0 (Pilot)
This new release contains a whole new look-n-feel with intuitive navigation, NGN calculations, 3 new reports and updates to MyFunds. The pilot will be conducted the first quarter of 2012.
9. Payroll Projections 3.0 Reports
Override Report – a detail listing only the current overrides in the system.
Monthly Projection Report – a dynamic report which displays projections on a month-by-month basis
Projection Details by Index – a detailed report displaying employee projections by index
10. Marketplace 3.0
- Support revisions to Purchase Orders
- Enhanced invoice integration with IFIS
- Increased PO information in the data warehouse
- Nightly validation of users in the Business Unit Mgmt Tool
11. SAS112 Control Tracker
New application for SAS112 compliance can be found in the “Tools” section of Financial Link
12. FinLink PO Report
The formatting of the PO Report was updated to accommodate new fields and provide easier readability and navigation. Also the asset section now includes: Item Number and Change Sequence Number.
1. Launch of the new Approvals Inbox
We are pleased to announce the release of a new online approval mailbox, which streamlines and consolidates most campus approval processes into one single dashboard view. Based on your sign-on ID, this new approval view automatically checks over 16 different approval workflows originating from nearly a dozen different pre-existing ACT supported enterprise information systems. If any of these automated search processes finds a document with you as an approver (or an alternate approver which is a new feature) the approval view will display it and also shows the number of pending approvals per document type. All you need to do is click on the blue linked number, and it will take you directly into the workflow for those documents which are waiting for your approval.
Below is a summary of the benefits from this new consolidated approval process:
- Increased transparency to what is assigned to you (both primary and alternate) at any given point in time.
- Centralized location for all approvals, which will be added to the “quick links” on each page, thus reducing the need for navigation through bookmarks and FinancialLink menus.
- The inbox approval “dashboard concept” allows for the future elimination of emails and nightly processes that are currently used as the only method of approval notification.
- Automated approval checks eliminate the need to run queries, by document type, against a user ID (usually your own or someone else’s where you are the alternate).
- Future applications can easily be added to the inbox as another automated system check.
- The smart navigation from the inbox will take you directly into the document(s) unique workflow for quick approval; eliminating several redundant steps in the old approval process.
- The approvals page will work with most mobile smartphones (e.g. Droid, iPhone, Blackberry) that support HTML browsing.
SUPPORTED APPROVAL TYPES: ORIGINATING SYSTEMS:
- Accounts Payable Invoices (INV) IFIS
- Auto Journals (AJV) IFIS
- Budget Current Transfer of Funds (BSC) Transfer of Funds (Web Financiallink)
- Budget Perm Transfer of Funds (BSP) Transfer of Funds (Web Financiallink)
- EPET Electronic Payroll Expense (EPET)
- Journal Vouchers (JV) Journal Voucher (Web Financiallink), ENPET, Expresscard
- MyEvents My Meetings & Hosted Events
- MyTravel MyTravel
- Time Sheet Approvals MyTimeEntry (MTE)
- Purchase Order Requests (RQT) Requisitions (Web Financiallink)
- Purchase Orders (PUR) Department Order (Web Financiallink)
- Reconciliation (RCN) IFIS
- Travel Advance (ADV) Travellink
- Travel Expense (EXP) Travellink
- Travel Invoice (TIV) Travellink
- Trip (TRP) Travellink
To view this new approval mailbox, please visit the FinancialLink main page and select "Approvals" from the toolbar or dropdown. Or, you may simply visit the link directly at https://act.ucsd.edu/myapprovals/viewer
2. Financial System Stabilization and Upgrades
For years the financial web applications used by campus have been running off of older, proprietary hardware which had gone well beyond it's expected lifespan. Between June 2011 and October 2011, the financial team will be moving all of the web applications/systems to newly procured hardware. Additionally, the new machines will be 100% dedicated to only financial web applications and will not share system capacity with any other ACT software. The expectation is improved system stability and faster user response time due to the higher capacity, dedicated machines.
Here is the list of applications that have been moved and are now running on the new machines:
- Timekeeping (TAR) - 06/2011
- Timekeeping Reports - 06/2011
- Index Management - 06/2011
- FinLink Notes - 08/2011
- MyApprovals - 09/2011
- Cost Center Management (CCM) - 09/2011
- Expense Projections - 09/2011
- MyFunds - 09/2011
- Querylink - 09/2011
- Financial Reports - 09/2011
- WebIFIS - 09/2011
- AuditProfiler - 09/2011
- OverDraft Reporting - 09/2011
- Cost Share - 09/2011
- DSA Utilities - 09/2011
- Financial Services - 09/2011
- WebIFIS - 09/2011
- Budget and Staffing - 09/2011
- MyDashboard - 09/2011
- EmployeeLink -09/2011
- Employee History - 09/2011
- Employee Timesheets - 09/2011
- Employee Timekeeping - 09/2011
- Encumbrance Lifter - 09/2011
- ENPET - 09/2011
- EPET - 09/2011
- Expresscard - 09/2011
- Financial Utilities (Vendor, Traveler, Commodity) - 09/2011
- MyLeaveBalances - 09/2011
- MyEvents - 09/2011
- MyTravel - 09/2011
- Travellink - 09/2011
- Querylink - 09/2011
- Marketplace - 10/2011
- VDIM - 10/2011
3. Navigation Updates to Financiallink
The navigation within Financiallink has been updated based on campus feedback. The following changes have been made:
- Placement of the new "Pending Approvals" inbox on the front page of Financiallink. Now you can view your pending documents upfront without any menu nagivation required.
- Addition of MyEvents, MyApprovals, MyTravel and MyFunds to the "Where do you want to go?" drop down list in the menu bar.
4. Student Directory Changes
The student directory search page was separated from the faculty and staff search page and security was added to require business staff single sign-on authority to proceed. This was done in the interest of student information privacy.
5. IFIS Approvals - Automated Housekeeping Process
Occasionally there are IFIS documents that do not have the required information in the database to complete the approval process. This usually is a side-effect of system outages and/or remote document uploads not completing successfully when connecting to IFIS. The impact to campus are documents that need to either be fixed manually by ACT, or deleted by the department and re-sent (both cases are time consuming).
A new housekeeping process has been built which will run automatically on a fixed schedule and will cleanup any partial document records in the database and will notify the creators and central offices simultaneously.
1. MyApprovals & MyEvents - Approval interface redesign
The following design changes were made to the MyApprovals and MyEvents approvals interface, to assist in better workflow for high volume departments.
- Removed paging (10 documents per page) from the MyApprovals Event display. Now all documents are on one page.
- Added sorting to each column in approval view (event #, reference #, due date, business purpose, etc)
- Made user editable note update automatically and removed the "update all" link.
- Added more flexibility into the document workflows to deal with changes to the documents while they are in process
- Updated MyApprovals header and toolbars to use the new UCSD App UI.
- Document status selection is now a radio button selection rather than a dropdown select list.
2. Implementation of Payment Plus
A new Payment Plus program is now available in IFIS for automated vendor payments and reconciliation. Those vendors who participate in the payment plus program will no longer require the printing and mailing of paper checks. The impacts to campus are numerous:
- Increased efficiency in payment processing, eliminating exceptions such as lost or stolen checks, stop payments and follow-ups on uncashed checks.
- Dramatically decreases reconciliation efforts in the central campus offices for unmatched check transactions.
- Reduction in costs for check printing stock and mailing costs.
- Generation of revenue in incentives provided by the bank card program
- Improved data analysis through the use of bank trend analysis tools
3. Implementation of use tax management in EC Manager
For those transactions managed through EC Manager (Expresscard web interface), the calculation and administration of use tax is now automated and in compliance with the UCOP mandate for 2011. Formerly this was not performed in an automated fashion.
4. PPS Admin - Web Interface
A new web interface was built to facilitate direct and immediate changes to the PPS control data, which replaces a very manual process involving paper forms supplied by UCOP and managed through manual handoffs. The new web interface allows the end user to make dynamic updates in the following ways:
- Add/Modify/Delete Surepay Bank records for direct deposits.
- Add/Modify/Delete Home Department codes and associated information
- Add/Modify/Delete Work Study annual rates
- Add/Modify/Delete Workers Compensation rates for select groups
- Add/Modify/Delete Fidelity benefit IDs per employee
- Add/Modify/Delete Graduate Student Tuitition Remission annual rates
5. Budget and Costing Process Automation
The pre-existing budget and costing process was old and on request, with many manual steps in the process. The entire process was re-written using an automated scheduler and pre-set parameters - which decreases the need for manual intervention and allows the process to run virtually automatically. In addition to the automation, the chance of errors hitting the ledgers has decreased significantly as well.
6. Creation of Global P&L and Trial Balance Reports
In an effort to further streamline and consolidate the process of departmental and central office year-end closing, 2 new global reports are now available (central offices only). These reports are available online through the IFIS reporting system and should aid in the early detection of closing issues that require attention.
7. E-Procurement Vendor Migration
A new group of vendors was moved out of the IFIS purchase order system and into the new Marketplace. POs created for these vendors in IFIS will now be invalid, and will require procurement through the Marketplace portal.
8. My Time Keeping (MTE) 1.0 (Pilot)
A new self-entry timekeeping web application has been built for campus and is currently in a pilot phase with select departments. The new web application, called MyTimeEntry, is a replacement for the paper timesheets with manual supervisor signatures and key entry by the timekeepers. The new system will faciliate a completely paperless process and allow electronic self-entry of vacation, sick, overtime, hours worked, etc., with automatic routing for approval to a supervisor or work director. The time will then be electronically submitted to the payroll system.
NOTE: MTE v1.0 is designated as the pilot release to a limited focus group. MTE v1.5 will be forthcoming in 2011 and will entail a larger rollout to campus departments.
9. Cost Center Management (CCM)
When deleting a Project, you will now be asked if you’d like to reassign the project, and/or automatically remove any references in MyFunds
10. Index Management v1.6
- Changed PPS validation rule, as long as index is not currently used.
- Corrected calculations for ‘Net Finance Amount’ and ‘Net Budget Amount’
- Enhanced Accounts Receivable validation check to look at expiration dates in the AR files.
- Streamline Fund/Org search abilities
- Error message enhancements
11. Finlink Notes
- Added the ability to add note to inactive indexes
- Updated the integration from Over Draft to direct to the appropriate Notes IFOP level
12. Project Number Query *new*
A new data warehouse query is available in Querylink which allows the user to run reports on project names or partial names. The report will show all matching project details, including IFOP information, description and user ID of the project’s creator.
1. VDIM v1.7
VDIM Release v1.7 consists of the following enhancements/changes:
A) Vendor form updates for US and Foreign Vendors.
B) Updates to Business Demographics, Business Certification sections, Insurance sections and the Employee-Supplier Relationship section.
C) Updates to email request content, DNUS# and NAICS code.
2. Index Management - PPS and ISIS detail
The index inactivation tab was modified to display the Employee ID
number from PPS when it detected that the index was used by PPS. This
would also display the detail code from ISIS AR if an entry was present.
Click HERE to use the tool.
3. Timekeeping Report Conversion
The timekeeping reports and PDF timesheets were upgraded to a newer technology allowing for better ongoing support and faster response time. Click HERE to visit the page.
4. EPET - Ability to delete line items
5. PAN Notification - Process Conversion
Users receiving PAN notifications from the PPS system have had intermittent issues over the last year due to a PAN directory process that was old and unsupported. A new PAN directory process was implemented in a joint effort with the security team which has more updated information in the PAN directory and thus should allow for better support and better information going forward.
6. Electronic cell phone bills (Now available in Querylink and FinancialLink)
Electronic versions of campus cell phone bills are now available to campus (Verizon is the only vendor initially available, with other vendors coming in 2011). There is now drilldown capability for cellular recharges from FinancialLink as well as “My Mobile Bill”. Drilldown detail is available starting with July 2010 operating ledger data. My Mobile Bill is accessible via the Business Tools section of the Blink home page. A shortcut to the help page for My Mobile Bill is: http://blink.ucsd.edu/go/mymobilebill
Note that when drilling down charges from the ledger, the “back” button is still a bit of an issue with IE (Internet Explorer) – we’re working on resolving this. Mozilla Firefox would work better in that regard. We will continue to work on making additional detail data available such as AT&T, etc. in the near future.
The contact/help e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. High Value POs - Now electronically distributed
Both the legacy IFIS and the WebIFIS requisition pages have been updated to allow for electronic routing of HVPOs to the vendor and requestor. In order to take advantage of this new electronic routing feature, the supplier fax and email must be included on the purchase order. After the PO has been completed and approved, the requestor will receive an electronic copy of the purchase order via email.
Please see the below blink page for more details.
8. PO Report - Marketplace requisition numbers for search criteria
The PO report was modified to allow marketplace requisition numbers as search criteria. Previously, only traditional IFIS/WebIFIS requisitions could be used.
1. Index Management v1.5
This Index Management
version (v1.5) contains the ability to deactivate an IFIS index. The application will now proceed through a list of peripheral checks against fund activity, funding remaining, recharge activity, and much more before deactivating the index. If all of the tests pass, the index will be real-time deactivated in IFIS.
2. IFIS Vendor/Employee Controls
New validations were inserted into the IFIS vendor maintenance and purchasing screens to not allow vendors which were current or former employees of UCSD.
3. Overdraft Notes
In the past, FinLink notes have showed up on Overdraft reports, and overdraft notes on FinancialLink reports – due to lack of differentiation. Now financial users can label the note when they save it as “Overdraft” or “Regular”. This will prevent confusion between the two different workflows.
Click HERE to visit the notes application.
4. Additional fields available on HVPOs (IFIS and WebIFIS)
When creating a high value purchase order, the 2 new fields of email address and fax number are now available upon creation. This information will help expedite the workflow with the vendor (See high value POs imaged real time below).
1. High Value POs imaged “real time”
With this change, high value purchase orders will be sent to the IDocs imaging system real time, eliminating the current 24-48 hour lag time. This will allow HVPOs to be looked up and retrieved upon creation.
2. Overdraft Report v1.1
The prior overdraft report was confusing to some campus users, so the email verbiage was cleaned up with clearer instructions. Additionally, the heading was changed to reflect the current fiscal period, instead of a static period that did not change. Lastly, the FinLink notes were disconnected from being attached to the overdraft report, and a new note type was created for the overdraft report. Now users can enter 2 separate types of notes – overdraft notes, and FinLink notes.
Click HERE to visit the updated overdraft report and create profiles.
3. VDIM v1.5
This release provides an administration page to P&C to manage/view/update the entire process of vendor acceptance and vetting. It connects the application to IFIS and Marketplace for validation and verification, provides the small supplier summary page. Lastly the release provides the support for foreign vendors.
Click HERE to use the new vendor management system.
4. TAR DB2 Conversion
The timekeeping system was converted from its old database (Sybase) to DB2. The new database platform provides a more secure data retrieval and update environment, as well increased stability and response time from the application.
5. IFIS E-procurement vendors
All vendors who are now available through Marketplace have been disabled within the department order module in IFIS, with a new error message directing the user to Marketplace. Going forward, as new vendors are added into Marketplace, they will be blocked as well from the DO screens.
6. Expresscard V2.0
The contents of EC Manager release v2.0 are listed below:
- Added an admin tool to update training dates (individually or in large groups).
- Added ability for BFS administrators to update expiration dates in large groups (from individually).
- Added notes to the bottom of the department change request email to show what was changed (name on card, description displayed on card, accounting start date, index, account)
- Added the ability to show active/inactive cards on the "Assign a TR page"
- Added Department Administrator Authorization Form to the EC Manager menu
- Removed the Ghost Card Reconciliation emails
- Replace "Audit Report" page with a "Synchronize People to CID" page which automatically starts the process that will email you when complete.
- Remove "Marketplace Ghost Card Charge Reconciliation" page.
- Added a sort option to account lookups.
- Added ability to see all new account codes that have been added.
- Added an admin tool which allows BFS administrators to add, update or delete account codes in EC Manager.
- Added ability to search the Admin Support role; current, past and their cardholders
- For cardholder searches, filter out the ones with changed workgroups or cancelled cards.
- Added ability for the user to filter out certain cards with non-active statuses.
- Added ability to search by employee ID in all places where searches are possible.
- Added ability to find ex-employees in name searches who still need cards.
- Added mail code to new card request emails sent to Disbursements.
- Added warning message to PAs to order a card for a different department from their own.
- Automatically identify unmatched transactions from a JV export to IFIS and email BFS administrators, so that a fix can be made.
- Added ability for BFS administrators to update mail codes.
- dded status filter to the AR/TS reassign screen
- pdated underlying technology in communicating with IFIS for stability and data integrity.
- Removed unnecessary/redundant logic within the application for increased speed and response time.
- Fixed the error message when exporting Journal Vouchers to IFIS for the 1st time in the day.
- Fixed the error message on the PA roles screen when searching for certain names.
- Added a validation in the redistribution portion of EC Manager to prevent users from saving when the transaction amounts don't = the balance
- Fixed name searches all throughout the application to return on partial names
- Fixed the bug where if one year is entered, it defaults to 1910.
- Fixed the “delete” button to delete inactive DAs.
- Fixed the redistribution errors caused by multiple open browser windows.
- Fixed random "Permission Denied" messages for active users.
- Fixed the issue with QA/DEV emails getting sent out in error during testing.
1. Transaction Sampling re-design
The process which gathered financial statistics and randomly sampled ledger transactions was re-written to run 90% faster during fiscal month-end, as well as using newer technology and design for data processing. This will bring consistency to the Transaction Sampling report. Additionally, department level targeted profiles are now available for general campus use.
Click HERE to see the tools available for transaction sampling.
2. Audit Profiler v1.1
The contents of this Audit Profiler release v.1.1 are detailed below:
- Any targeted profiles created by a department will now be required to contain an IFOP, ORG, Fund/Org, Fund/Org/Program or Project.
- Sampling by Project or Fund/Org/Program now has no limit.
- Block all partial accounts in future targeted profiles
- All prior targeted profiles created under the old rules have been removed from the system.
- User can now sample across revenue/recharge accounts.
- Email address now saved in targeted profiles
- The ability to sample on budgetary transactions has been removed
- New help files and references have been added to the audit profiler screen
- The screen has been re-designed based on user feedback and logical workflow
- Profile listings can now be sorted by column
- Creation date is now displayed on the profile listing
- Only revenue accounts are allowed to be selected when revenue type is selected
- Project Investigators can now be searched for and will pre-populate the ID field once selected.
3. ENPET/Ledger Reviewer v2.1
The contents of this ENPET/Ledger Reviewer release v2.1 are detailed below:
- Transaction Date is set on final approval, allowing cross month ENPETs
- Decision tree is defined better on the ENPET Document Report; This shows the user the decisions that were made to determine Rule Class
- Improved response time by .25 seconds per row returned in Ledger Reviewer. For multiple rows the response time is considerably faster.
- Clicking the Stop button in Ledger Reviewer no longer resets the form
- Added validation to only allow ENPETs on sub accounts 63, 64 and 65
- Added ability to edit the Document Text from the WebIFIS Journal Summary window up until final approval
- Errors in large ENPETs no longer prevent the good transactions from being ENPETed; Only the error rows will be kicked out if the user decides to continue with processing
- Capitalized the word Enpet to ENPET in several places throught the application
- Changed "General 1" occurrences to just "General" since the "General 2 / XRG" types are no longer supported
- Improved email and questionnaire screen to be more readable; moved definitions to the right; increased size of text areas
- Added further stability and supportability enhancements to the application
- Improved the response time for ENPET transactions by 0.5 secs per ENPET. For multiple ENPETs, the response time is considerably faster.
- Newly created IFIS indexes are now recognized by the application.
- The application will no longer display an error when the user session times out. It will force re-signing into single sign-on.
4. PO Retention for pending invoices
The IFIS purge rules were changed to not purge POs with pending invoices. In addition the retention period was extended.
5. Coeus 4.0
The IFIS system was updated to accommodate fund setup automation from the new Coeus 4 system. This update automated many manual processes from within the Coeus system, as well as updated the communication architecture that was over 20 years old, bringing stability and control to the fund setup process.
6. Marketplace E-Procurement vendors in IFIS decommissioned
For users creating the traditional department order within IFIS, the e-procurement vendors have been disabled. You will now be required to use the Marketplace application for these particular vendors.
7. TAR 1.0
The OLT timekeeping application used by all department timekeepers for time-entry has been replaced by a new application called TAR. This new webapp allows for easier workflow, better user interface and is written in a newer web technology than the older OLT application. It also comes bundled with more features and administrative tools than its older predecessor. Click HERE
to use the timekeeping application (for timekeepers only).
1. ARRA report and usage system changes
WebIFIS, IFIS and FinancialLink were all changed to reflect POs, Invoices, Accounts and Funds which have specific ARRA reporting or handling requirements.
2. Paper usage reduction
Over 10 daily PPS reports were converted from paper to PDF and 1 monthly IFIS report was deactivated.
3. MyFunds v1.0.3 implementation
The contents of this MyFunds release v.1.0.3
- Addition of revenue reporting at the detail and summary levels.
- Transfer of ownership between profiles is now allowed.
- Screens have been re-redesigned to be more readable for the end user.
- Monthly subtotals added to the ledger and payroll detail drilldown
- Multiple projects can now be selected by holding down the Ctrl key at the "My PI's Report Manager-Project Selection" screen
- Addition of "View Report Audits" section to query for MyFunds usage
- Addition of emails to user's names as links
- Addition of selected projects to the top of the profile editor screen
- Changed interface for "View Reports set up for me."; a list of reports for user to choose is shown instead of defaulting to the first report in the dropdown menu
4. Cost Center Management (CCM) v1.1 implementation
The contents of this release Cost Center Management v.1.1 are detailed below:
- Allow for the creation of projects at the Fund/Org and Fund/Org/Program levels.
- Allow COA overrides to be created at the Fund/Org and Fund/Org/Program levels.
- The mass role update function now allows "mass adds" and "mass deletes".
- Mass role update now allows you to work with non-active employees and university affiliates.
- You can now search for IFOPs by Fund, Fund/Org or Fund/Org/Program.
- You can now search for Fund/Org combinations by IFOP, Fund or Org.
- The mass role update function now displays how many records were changed after completion
- Added a warning message on projects which exceed the recommended size.
- Auto-populate person information when only one result is returned.
- Fixed the bug in the COA reports for all selection items to return results
- When performing a mass COA override, a new warning message will appear for COA overrides that already exist – allowing the user to bypass or overwrite them.
- Redesigned several screens within the general application to reduce the number of steps in the workflow.
- Project Investigator and Fund Manager roles now can be added at the same time in the workflow.
- Budget periods and grant periods can now be added at the same time in the workflow
5. Vendor Data Integrity Management (VDIM)
A new business process for vetting and approval of vendors to be added to the IFIS and/or Marketplace approved supplier list. This new process includes a new campus request form, vendor information form, approval process, and auto email notifications. This is just the first piece of a new process being created to more efficiently manage campus requests for suppliers and enhance the integrity of our supplier information database.
Click HERE to use the new vendor management system and request a new supplier.
6. Implementation of eVerify in PPS
The university must comply with Federal employment verification rules, and thus the functionality and tracking mechanisms where implemented into the central payroll system. Also the ability to report on and query what funds and/or employees are associated with these rules is now available in Querylink.
To view the new E-Verify report, please use this menu LINK
7. PPS Streamlining
Several manually run month end payroll processes were automated, in order to reduce risk for human error, and streamline the overall processing.
8. STOREHOUSE campus order catalog retirement
The old STOR catalog site (pre-marketplace) was decommissioned and replaced by the new Marketplace v2.0 campus portal. This allows for a more streamlined workflow for the user making a purchase upfront, without changing the backend vendor/supplier logistics. It also allows Marketplace to be the sole campus site provider going forward.
9. Marketplace v2.0
Please see the purchasing office for a list of enhancements and bug fixes contained with the v2.0 release. Click HERE to use Marketplace.
10. IFIS Security setup automation
The web-based AccessLink application now allows users to request “Index Copy” access from the portal, instead of using the old green IFIS screens for setup. Once requested, the department DSA will approve and access will be automatically granted.
11. Ledger Reviewer performance enhancements
Some performance enhancements were added to the Ledger Reviewer application, which decrease the wait time when running by project number.
12. Index Management v1.0 implementation
The new Index Management application allows campus users to manage their financial indexes from the web, instead of logging into the older accounting system and coordinating with the general accounting office. The new application allows for the following functionality and is available in the “tools” section of Financiallink.
- Create a sub-index (index copy)
- Update Early Inactivation Date
- Re-activate an index
- Update Index Title
- Request a new master index
- De-activate an index (coming soon)