April 17, 2013 9:33:58 AM PDT
Read mission and vision statements for Administrative Computing and Telecommunications (ACT).
To be a leader in higher education in the provision of information technology services in support of the University's mission of teaching, research, patient care and public service.
To create and support an information technology (IT) environment that meets the needs of the UC San Diego community. In support of this mission, we will:
- Provide dependable, high quality, effective and efficient IT services.
- Encourage and reward creativity and innovation in technology and business practices as we support the changing needs of our campus community.
- Implement and maintain an accessible, robust and secure IT infrastructure.
- Nurture relationships with faculty, staff and students by considering their needs first, by actively listening and by sharing our own knowledge.
- Extend courtesy and respect to all individuals.
- Administer policies equitably and consistently.
- Actively promote the UC San Diego Principles of Community.
- Uphold high ethical standards.
- Promote strategic partnerships with government, businesses and other educational institutions.
Our Core Values
- Integrity: We approach our work with honesty and honor our commitments.
- Unity & Teamwork: We are one team: Our individuals make us strong and we work together to achieve our goals.
- Excellence: We aim for excellence through continuous improvement.
- Service: We are responsive through cooperation with our customers and partners. We build value into what we do.
- Innovation: We look at opportunities and challenges in new and different ways to affect productive change.
Our Core Competencies
- Customer Service: Provide courteous, knowledgeable and reliable assistance and consultation in the use of technology.
- Internal Operations: Maintain the most efficient and effective operation to provide the best service possible.
- People: Attract, develop and maintain highly qualified staff.
- Collaboration: Work with other technology organizations at the University to achieve our mission.
Have a question about our services?
ACT Reception Desk
Assistant Vice Chancellor/CIO
ACT Help Desk
9500 Gilman Drive
Mail Code 0929
La Jolla CA 92093-0929
10280 N. Torrey Pines Road
La Jolla CA 92037