Safety measures at Mail Services include:
- Requiring employees to wear name badges
- Limiting access to the Mail Services facility
- Picking up mail from recognized stops only
- Reviewing all parcels according to the U.S. Postal Service guidelines (see below)
How you can help:
Mail Services suggests several ways UCSD employees can help the effort to guard against suspicious mail.
- Do not hand-deliver mail to Mail Services vehicles or delivery personnel.
- Address all outbound mail properly, with a full return address that includes name, department, and mail code.
If you receive a suspicious-looking package:
- Do not open the package.
- Call University Police at (858) 534-4357.
- Isolate the package and evacuate the immediate area.
- Do not put the package in water or a confined space such as a drawer or filing cabinet.
- If possible, open windows in the immediate area to help vent potential explosive gases.
- Do not hesitate to call University Police immediately. Do not worry about potential embarrassment. Your concern could save lives.
Note: This page has a friendly link that's easy to remember: http://blink.ucsd.edu/go/mailsecurity