UCSD's Hazardous Materials Emergency Response Team cleans up spills that are too large or too dangerous for workers to handle.
Activate the UCSD Haz Mat Team
- During business hours, call Environment, Health & Safety:
- (858) 534-3660
- After business hours, call UCSD Police:
- From a land line: 9-1-1
- From a cell phone: (858) 534-HELP(4357)
Contact the UCSD Haz Mat Team when:
- There is an immediate hazard (fire, explosion, chemical exposure, etc.)
- There is an unplanned actual or suspected release or disturbance of hazardous materials (asbestos, chemical, biological, radioactive, etc.)
- There is a spill to the environment (oil spill on the roadway, sewage, etc.)
Laboratory workers can handle small, incidental spills on their own.