Go to UCSD Proposal Number Service. (This link is also available from Blink's Research tab, under "Research Toolbox: Get Proposal #.")
- To enter a PI:
- Type the name in the field. (Use the format Last Name, First Name.)
- Click the Find button.
- Select the type of proposal by clicking the radio button next to it.
- Click Submit.
Didn't find your PI? Only PIs in the Payroll Personnel System (PPS) will be included in the search. If the PI has a pending appointment with UCSD or is an affiliate, contact your contract and grant office to get a proposal number.
- Principal Investigator: This field will fill automatically.
- PI Exception Required: Click the checkbox if you need to request a PI exception.
- Proposal Type: Select the proposal type from the drop-down list.
- Title: Enter the title of the proposal (optional).
- Sponsor: Enter the sponsoring agency.
Didn't find your sponsor? If this is a new agency or one that has merged, split, or formed subsidiaries, it might not be in the database. In this case only, select "Miscellaneous Sponsors" from the drop-down list and write the name of the agency in the comments box. If you are searching by an acronym, try spelling out the agency.