Research: Managing Awards
Last Updated: February 28, 2017 2:26:29 PM PST
Link to information about award management before, during, and after your project.
- Award setup - After you receive notification that your research proposal has been funded, these resources can help you figure out how, when, and where to spend the funding you're about to receive.
- Award queries - Find out about the Award Data for Departments queries.
- Closeout - Learn how to prepare for final or annual agency reporting for a sponsored project award.
- No-Cost Extension Requests - Find out how to request a no-cost extension for a sponsored project award.
- Progress Reports - Read about the Required Research Performance Progress Report (RPPR) for NIH awards that began in May 2013.
- Outgoing Subawards - Find information about subaward entities or to other UC campuses.
- Advance spending - Learn about a renewed and improved program that supports advance spending requests for anticipated sponsored research awards.
- Audits/ monitoring - Find out about services that can help in the discharge, oversight, and management of your operating responsibilities.
- Basic responsibilities - If you manage sponsored project funds, you need to understand the responsibilities of post-award administration, both yours and those of the Office of Post Award Financial Services (OPAFS).
- Billing - Read about the billing and payment methods for sponsored project awards.
- Cost Accounting Standards (A21) - Find out about cost accounting standards, a major component of fiscal compliance.
- Effort certification - If you manage funds for federally sponsored projects, become familiar with the Electronic Certification of Effort and Reporting Tool (ECERT).
- Equipment inventory - If you are a property administrator for your department, you can use this page to gain knowledge and skills to fulfill your job duties.
- Expense transfers - Find information about cost (expense) transfers (payroll and non-payroll).
- Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act (FFATA) - Learn about the FFATA or Transparency Act requiring that information on federal awards be available to the public.
- Financial Reporting - Learn how to prepare for final or annual agency reporting for a sponsored project award.
- Financial management for procurement - PIs, find information on how to buy goods and contract for services on campus for your sponsored award.
- Index fund overview - Find information and guidelines on index and fund numbers for sponsored projects.
- Overdrafts - Links to information about reporting overdrafts when the expenditures exceed the award or budget allocation.
- Salary limits - If your department receives funding from NIH, SAMHSA, or AHRQ read the salary limitation (salary cap) guidelines on this page.
- Training - Find Staff Education and Development courses related to supporting financial processes.