Cost Center Management (CCM) Overview
April 8, 2010 11:43:50 AM PDT
Find out about FinancialLink's Cost Center Management which lets you add project numbers and overrides to FinancialLink reports.
Cost Center Management (CCM) is a FinancialLink application that combines enhanced COA (chart of accounts) overrides and project number maintenance with a mass roles update application. Read about these features below.
To view a training demo, click the "Start demo" link in the table below.
Note: You can view the training demos with any standard Web browser with the Flash Player plug-in version 6 or higher. A high-speed network connection is recommended.
COA Override Maintenance
This application lets you override accounting information for more specific FinancialLink reporting. You can:
- Create a COA override at the Index, Fund/ Organization or Fund/ Organization/ Program level
- Copy any existing COA override to a new COA override with all attributes included
- Associate multiple fund managers and PIs (Principal Investigators)
Project Number Maintenance
This application lets you group accounting entities into projects that share the same attributes, budget periods, and people (PIs and/or fund managers). You can:
- Create a project at the Index, Fund/ Organization or Fund/ Organization/ Program level
- Associate multiple fund managers and PIs
- Copy any existing project to a new project with all attributes included
- Enter longer and more descriptive project numbers (project numbers must be between 8 and 16 characters)
Mass Roles Update
This application lets you easily:
- Search for any UCSD affiliate (employees, students, or contractors)
- With a single click, transfer an entire role (all work) from one person to another
- With a single click, add or delete multiple roles for a person
- Change a PI and/or fund manager across all of your projects and COA overrides
Start demo for Mass UpdateNote:
Start demo for Mass Add
This page has a friendly link that's easy to remember: http://blink.ucsd.edu/go/ccm