UC San Diego SearchMenu

Taxes: How to Get a UCSD W-2 Statement

All 2014 Forms W-2 are now available online through At Your Service Online (AYSO).

Only employees who received wage or salary payments dated in 2014 will receive a 2014 Form W-2.  W-2s are available online to all current UCSD employees for years 2005–2014. W-2s are available online to all former employees for years 2011 - 2014.  W-2s for other years are available via paper copy only.

Expand all

2014 W-2s are now available online to all employees who received wage payments dated in 2014.

2014 Forms W-2  are available to ALL employees online through At Your Service Online (AYSO).  

  • Those who chose online delivery through At Your Service Online (AYSO)  before 12/31/14 were sent an email on January 16, 2015 from the "UC San Diego Payroll Office <prodriguez@ucsd.edu>" announcing the availability of the 2014 W-2 through AYSO.
  • Those who did not choose online delivery through At Your Service Online (AYSO) are also able to access their W-2 online through AYSO, though in addition to the W2 available online, an identical paper copy will be mailed on January 23 to the permanent address in the Payroll Personnel System (PPS) as of 12/31/14.

To choose online delivery of the W-2 through AYSO:  see How to Elect or View an Online W-2 Statement.  

Current employees can change their address in the UCSD Payroll System through AYSO:  see At Your Service:  How to Update Your Contact Information

Former employees can change their address in the UCSD Payroll System by contacting their former department.

How to view and print W-2s through At Your Service Online (AYSO)

All employees can access their W-2 online, whether they chose online delivery through At Your Service Online (AYSO) or not.  Current employees can access their W-2s for years 2005 - 2014 through AYSO.  Former employees can access the W-2s only for years 2012, 2013, and 2014, but can order W-2s for years prior to 2012 by following the instructions in the "How to request a paper copy of a W-2" section below.

  • Sign in to At Your Service Online (AYSO).
    • Via Single Sign-On (current employees with business systems access only - see instructions)
    • Via AYSO password (any current or former employee)
      • Current users:  Enter your AYSO username and password.  If you've forgotten them, click "Forgot your Username or Password?
      • Former employees:  you will need to reset your username and password in order to access your W-2 online.  See "Need Help?" below.
      • Need help?  If you need help resetting your username or password, or if you are no longer employed at UCSD, email payrollquestions@ucsd.edu with the subject line "AYSO reset."  Include your first name, last name, phone number, and employee ID number (if you have it).
  • Click W-2 under the green Income & Taxes heading
  • Click on the year you want to view.
  • Print the page.

How to request a paper copy of a W-2

Request a paper copy of your W-2 statement for any year by submitting the Employee's Request Form - Duplicate W-2  (PDF).   The W-2 will be mailed to you.  We cannot fax or email W-2s.  Note that a W-2 printed from At Your Service Online (AYSO) is identical to the one we will mail you.  You may use a W-2 you print through AYSO when you file your tax return.

  • Select how you'd like to receive the duplicate W-2 statement by checking "Payroll Pick-up" or "U.S. Mail." 
    • U.S. mail:  W-2 statements will be mailed to the address indicated on the Duplicate W-2 Employee Request form.
    • Payroll Pick-Up - available 8 - 4:30, Monday through Friday:
      • Torrey Pines Center South, Suite 305
        10280 N. Torrey Pines Road
        La Jolla, CA 92037
      • Bring photo identification
      • Metered parking is available in the parking lot in front of the building.
      • The campus loop shuttle stops at Torrey Pines Center South
  • Submit the completed & signed  "Employee's Request Form - Duplicate W-2 (PDF)" to payroll via email, fax, or mail.  If you email it, do not include your social security number (SSN):
    • By email:  email a pdf of the signed form to payrollquestions@ucsd.edu
    • By fax:
      (858) 534-7423
    • By mail:
      UCSD Payroll Division
      9500 Gilman Drive, Mail Code 0952
      La Jolla, CA 92093-0952

Expand all