Definition of accounts receivable
"Accounts receivable" refers to the revenue brought into UCSD through the billing process for services or supplies that UCSD departments provide to outside entities.
Departments work with University Billing Services (UBS), a unit within Student Business Services, to enter these charges into UCSD's central records system, ISIS (which is linked to IFIS), and to monitor account status.
Resources for accounts receivable managers
If you manage accounts receivable for your department, link to these resources for background information and step-by-step processes:
- Accounts receivable guidelines
- Accounts receivable roles
Setting up an account
Invoicing and billing
Managing and troubleshooting accounts
Write-off and collection process, including
- Completing the Recommended for Write-off Report
- Collecting on delinquent accounts
- The role of UBS in the collection process