Administrative Responsibilities: Animal Care Program
December 11, 2012 4:31:04 PM PST
Read about administrative officials' responsibilities in the area of animal care.Animal care program:
Administrative officials are responsible for ensuring a strong commitment to the humane care of vertebrate animals used for research, teaching, and training at UCSD.
- An environment that promotes the humane care and treatment of animals is maintained and is a priority focus.
- Policies and regulations governing the care and use of laboratory animals are understood and followed.
- Administrative resources, financial support, and facility improvements to support programs are established.
- Programs to educate the public, media, political and governmental officials are supported.
- An open and cooperative environment is present to promote communication between campus and non-campus personnel/ committees.
- Inquiries about research: Consult with the appropriate institutional communications office and government affairs officials if you have had any inquiries about research conducted at UCSD.