How to Arrange Parking for Campus Visitors and Guests (Special Events Parking)
Last Updated: April 2, 2014 1:53:20 PM PDT
If you're planning a special meeting or event, follow the instructions below to reserve parking for your visitors or guests.
In the right place? Permit holders from other UC campuses, see Parking Reciprocity for Visiting UC Faculty and Staff.
Event options are evaluated according to individual needs, and scheduled based on available resources.
- 5-space limit per event, per department, except in these parking structures, which accommodate as many as 50 spaces:
All reservations are subject to space availability.
- $12 per space anytime, Includes sign(s) for VIP or group
|Buy discounted permits:
- Host department is responsible for issuing discounted permits to guests.
- Hired attendants do not handle discounted permits and can only sell or distribute full-price permits.
- Departments can order special events parking permits using a recharge request (PDF).
- $7 per 1 Day permit
- $2 per 1 Night permit
- Charter a shuttle bus to bring participants from remote lots to your event.
- Attendants direct traffic, collect parking fees, guard spaces, or issue full-price permits, which can be charged to departments:
- $8 per 1 Day permit
- $3 per 1 Night permit
- The number of attendants and hours required depends on the event.
- Hours of operation:
- Weekdays 5 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Weekends: 7 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- After hours request approved by availability
- Weekdays: $26 per hour
- Weekends: $39 per hour
- Holidays: $52 per hour
- Weekdays: $45.50 per hour
- Weekends: $50 per hour
- Holidays: $65 per hour
|Request directional signs:
- Request signs individually or in sets of 6.
- Major events can require additional signage. Our staff can recommend the quantity best for your event.
- $12 per standard A-frame sign
- $65 per set of 6
- $15 per 24"x36" marketing sign
- Placement included.
- $40 signage monitoring/ replacement fee (events exceeding 2 days)
Timing: Submit a Special Events Parking Space Request Form:
- At least 3 working days in advance for events needing up to 5 spaces
- At least 2 calendar weeks in advance for events needing more than 5 spaces
- A late fee up to 20% of event cost may be assessed for requests not made within the above guidelines.
- Note: Space approval is based on availability.
- Reservations: (858) 822-2624, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m., weekdays
- E-mail: Special Events Parking
- If you need evening or weekend assistance from an on-site supervisor for your scheduled reservation, contact:
- Evening events supervisor: (858) 349-4441, 4–9 p.m. weeknights
- Weekend events contact: (858) 534-2208, 7 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., weekends
Notify us of any change or cancellation as soon as possible to avoid penalties. E-mail Special Events Parking, fax (858) 534-9685, or call (858) 822-2624, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m., weekdays.
- Changes or cancellations with 3 or more working days’ notice: up to 20% of event cost
- Changes or cancellation with fewer than 3 days’ notice: 50% of event cost
- Recharge: Submit a departmental index number with your request.
- Mail or drop off a check or money order to the Hopkins Parking Structure (map), Mail Code 0540.
Note: University policy prohibits use by faculty and staff of a university-funded parking space.