UCSD’s extensive transportation system is free for UCSD students, faculty, and staff. To board, show your campus ID to the driver on request.
UC San Diego is a smoke and tabacco-free campus.
GPS live tracking
Watch your shuttle travel its route in real time. You can:
- Track one or more shuttle routes simultaneously at www.ucsdbus.com.
- Track shuttles using text messaging or any Web-enabled device: Visit ucsdbus.com and click Mobile. The service is free, but your carrier's standard fees may apply.
Go directly to your shuttle route below and click "track it live."
Route maps and schedulesThe combined campus shuttle map (PDF) shows all routes and schedules:
- Campus Loop
- Coaster Shuttle
- East/ Regents
- Hillcrest/ Campus
- Holiday Airport Shuttle (students only)
- Mesa Housing
- Sanford Consortium
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography
Unless otherwise noted, shuttles run weekdays year-round, except university holidays, and service may be reduced or suspended during academic breaks. To find out about scheduled and unscheduled changes:
- Check Parking and Commuter Alerts or parking.ucsd.edu regularly for notice of route and schedule changes.
- Check ucsdbus.com for service alerts. Click “Alerts” and sign up to get notified automatically via text message.
- Follow ucsdshuttles on Twitter.
- Read any notices posted on buses and at shuttle stops.
The shuttle fleet includes state-of-the-art, low-emission buses. Read more about sustainable vehicle use and maintenance.