Charter a UCSD Shuttle Bus for Campus Events
August 3, 2012 9:00:01 AM PDT
Learn how to charter a campus shuttle bus for your group’s event.
- Only groups affiliated with the university may charter a bus.
- You must have an approved index number for billing recharges.
- If your group is ineligible, contact Shuttle Operations, (858) 534-7422, to find an outside vendor.
- On weekdays, two 20-passenger buses
- On weekends, six 20- to 36-passenger buses
- No availability during finals week in any academic quarter
- Stated capacity refers to seated passengers. Safety regulations prevent any standing passengers on Charters.
- If travel time allows, drivers can make repeated trips to accommodate more riders.
- The rate is $100 per hour per bus, 2 hours minimum, for all bus sizes.
- Cost includes a professional driver.
- The billing period begins 30–60 minutes before the first pickup, and ends 30–60 minutes after the final dropoff, depending on the distance from campus. This lets the driver inspect the vehicle, as required by the Department of Transportation.
- Charter periods cannot exceed 2 business days.
- Off-campus locations must be within a 50-mile radius. Buses do not travel to Mexico or transport to bars.
- Discuss requests outside these guidelines with Don Riddle, (858) 822-5633.
Use the online shuttle reservation request tool at least 2 weeks in advance of your event:
- Complete a separate form for each day of service.
- Provide detailed driving directions for each off-campus pick-up and drop-off location.
- If you don’t receive e-mail confirmation within 1 business day, contact a lease coordinator, (858) 534-7422.
- Changes: Request changes at least 1 day before the scheduled charter date. Requests for last-minute changes may not be honored.
- Cancellation: Provide notice of cancellation at least 2 days in advance for a full refund. Otherwise, you will be billed at contract rates.
- Your driver or a representative from Transportation Services will review the contract with you and confirm any special instructions.
- The driver cannot deviate from the instructions agreed upon in the contract.
- No eating and drinking allowed on buses.