Follow the instructions printed on both sides of your permit and:
- Make sure the entire permit face is visible.
- Place the permit only on the rearview mirror or the driver-side dash.
Display your permit visibly. To avoid possible damage to your vehicle, a parking officer will not look under the car cover for your parking permit.
- Lock your permit so it hangs visibly onto the driver side of the car cover. (The parking office will laminate your permit on request and provide a cable, if available, for annual permit holders.)
- If you plan to display your permit on the rearview mirror or the driver-side dash, it must be visible to the officer without having to lift or remove the car cover.
Permits must be immediately visible to compliance officers.
- Annual permits come in sticker form. Apply to a conspicuous spot on the vehicle.
- Short-term permits will be laminated and hole-punched by the parking office, in order to hang from a cable. The parking office can provide a cable when one is available; secure it to your vehicle with your own lock. Position the permit so it’s easy to spot.
Avoid these common mistakes:
- Laminating your permit: Only permits laminated by the parking office are valid.
- Erasures on self-dated permits: If you date your permit incorrectly, have it corrected at the parking office before you park.
- Dating your permit with any type of removable adhesive
- Changing any preprinted information on the permit
- Reproducing your permit
- Displaying someone else’s permit, or a permit that’s been reported as missing
Note: If you find a permit that you had reported missing, it is no longer valid and should be returned to the parking office.