Parking for Contractors
August 21, 2013 10:16:23 AM PDT
Contractors providing construction-related services have a range of options to suit their parking needs.
For parking purposes, a contractor is defined as any external company that provides construction, construction-related maintenance and repair, or utility infrastructure services to UC San Diego. For all other types of parking, see Parking Permits.
Submit a contractor parking permit application (PDF) now, or read below for learn more about parking options.
Contractors who must park on campus while performing work have several options designed to meet their needs, depending on the size and duration of the job. These include:
- Suitable for contractors working on-site 1–3 months
- Generally valid in S (yellow), B (green), and metered spaces (no fee), Scripps Institution of Oceanography (no sticker required), and loading zones
- Usually limited to one per project
- Additional privileges, as needed, upon request
- $15 per day or $176 per month
- Submit a contractor permit application (PDF), signed by the UC San Diego project manager assigned to your job, by any of the following methods:
Leased parking spaces
- Reserve marked parking spaces for construction, trailer installation, temporary buildings, and similar activities.
- Each reserved space costs $174 per month and can be paid by check or departmental recharge. Additional charges for setup, maintenance, and restoration of the area may apply.
- Your UC San Diego project manager should submit an online request at least 30 days in advance.
- Approval is not automatic. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Direct questions regarding parking to Marco Arciniega (campus), (858) 534-0273, or to Bill Schaefer (medical centers only), (619) 471-0553.
- Hillcrest only: Annual, quarterly, occasional use, or one-day
- Not for contractor parking at La Jolla campus
Annual S permits
Quarterly S permits
Occasional Use S permits
Contact the parking office in La Jolla
, (858) 534-4223, or in Hillcrest
, (619) 543-6524.