March 12, 2013 3:46:30 PM PDT
Use these diagrams to discover the features of MapLink, UCSD's campus interactive map tool.
Navigating the MapLink widget
This small version of MapLink is located on the Blink home page:
- See searchable campus map with local traffic conditions. Routes shown in red are especially congested.
- Move the map view, zoom in/ out, or click and drag within the map.
- Open the live shuttle map in a new browser window.
- Choose the default map view, satellite photo view, or hybrid combining both.
- Search MapLink by keyword or specific location name.
- Open the full MapLink tool see diagram below).
Navigating the full MapLink tool
See the live MapLink tool.
- Places: Select and search for new map locations.
- Marked: Access locations you have already marked.
- Location drop-down: Select UCSD's main campus (and neighborhoods within), Scripps Institution of Oceanography, or Medical Center in Hillcrest.
- Browse by Category: Click the main categories to see markers for each sub category.
- Traffic: Select the traffic button to toggle traffic information on or off.
- Controls: Move the map view, zoom in/ out, or click and drag within the map.
- Bike Routes: Select this button to toggle bike route information on or off.
- Link to Map: Click this button to create a URL (link) to the marker you've selected.
- Pop-up windows show detailed information when you click a map marker.
- Reset the map to clear all selections and markers.
- Print a print-friendly version of the map.
- Send your comments or request map corrections to ACT's Maplink team.
- Switch between the default map view and satellite photo view.