transforms bikes abandoned at UCSD into a convenient and free campus transportation alternative. The refurbished bikes emerge bright yellow, sporting a Triton Bikes logo and equipped with wire baskets and locks.
Borrow a bike
Pick one up at:
- Gilman parking office (map), weekdays 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
When you arrive:
- Show a valid UCSD Campus Card and official proof of age, such as driver’s license or passport.
- Complete a Triton Bikes agreement releasing the university from liability.
Bike and helmet rentals are free to UCSD students (must be 18), faculty, and staff.
Rules for bike use
- Don’t take bikes off campus.
- Return the bike within 48 hours to your checkout location, during its operating hours. (Don’t count weekends or holidays unless your checkout location is open then.)
- Wait at least 24 hours between checkouts.
- Pay fines for:
- Late bike return, $5 per day
- Lost basket, $20
- Lost bike lock or key, $30
- Lost bike, $75
Bikes for departments
Departments or campus organizations can host Triton Bikes for the exclusive use of their members. Riders must meet requirements and complete the Triton Bikes agreement, relieving your department and the university of all liability.
Triton Bikes delivers bicycles, helmets, locks, and bike racks to your department location and performs needed repairs. Your department performs routine maintenance such as cleaning the bike and inflating tires.
Current sponsors include:
- Commute Solutions
- Environment, Health & Safety
- Facilities Design & Construction
- Facilities Management
- Housing & Dining Services
- Revelle College
- Salk Institute
- Sixth College
- Theater & Music