Commute Solutions helps faculty, staff, and students find cost-efficient,
eco-friendly alternatives to driving.
Check Parking and Commuter Alerts for updates.
UC San Diego is a smoke and tabacco-free campus.
News & events
Get Your New Bus Zone Sticker or Pass
The gold-rim metallic stickers with 3/31/2014 expiration date will remain valid through April 15, 2014 but must be replaced with a new sticker or pass as follows:
- Students are eligible for the new gold, secure stickers, valid through July 31, 2014. Note: Stickers will become VOID if peeled; DO NOT remove or reposition.
- Current affiliates who are not faculty or staff are also eligible to receive a new Bus Zone sticker.
- Faculty and staff are pilot testing use of MTS Compass Cards in the UC San Diego Bus Zone at no charge through July 31, 2014.
- Previously issued Compass Cards will automatically be updated; no office visit is required.
- Pilot Compass Cards are valid during active employment status only.
- Stickers and pilot Compass Cards are available at the campus parking office. Hillcrest employees may obtain a pilot Compass Card at the Bachman parking office. UC San Diego photo ID card required.
Transportation Services Transitions
- Transportation Services is continuing to work with university leadership on refining the proposed transitions. For current information, please visit moveucsandiego.ucsd.edu.
Share a ride
Try UCSD Zimride, the new, easier ride-matching service.
Commute Solutions programs and incentives
Each Commute Solutions program offers unique incentives. These are common to all programs:
- Zipcar (when qualified) — No application fee, driving credits
- Occasional Use permit (when qualified) — Park free 10 times per quarter
- Guaranteed Ride Home — SANDAG program ensures you won’t be stranded at work
- Pre-Tax Payroll Deduction — Tax benefit for authorized payroll deductions
Learn more about Commute Solutions programs: