Public Transportation Serving UCSD
April 3, 2013 10:16:37 AM PDT
Read about the mass transit options that serve UC San Diego.
Check Commuter Alerts for changes to bus and shuttle routes.
Proposals are being developed for changes to the transit subsidy and other alternative transportation and incentive programs. For the latest information, visit moveucsandiego.ucsd.edu.
UCSD Bus Zone
Buses in the UCSD Bus Zone stop on campus or near Hillcrest Medical Center. Staff, faculty, and students with a free UCSD Bus Zone sticker on their current, valid UC San Diego photo ID card ride free for unlimited stops on these bus routes only.
Stickers are available at the campus parking office or Hillcrest parking office. The blue 2011/2012 bus sticker will remain valid until October 31, 2012. The new, secure gold foil stickers will become VOID if peeled; DO NOT remove or reposition.
The university is charged for each ride in the UCSD Bus Zone. Transit pass holders should use their passes instead of their campus ID to board.
Download a map of all UCSD Bus Zone routes (PDF).
Students get unlimited bus and trolley rides for $47 with quarterly bus passes! Purchase passes at Commute Solutions.
Routes serving La Jolla campus (follow links for full service information):
- 30: UTC, La Jolla, Pacific Beach, Old Town, downtown San Diego
- 41: VA Hospital, UTC, Clairemont, Fashion Valley
- 101: UTC, Del Mar, Solana Beach, Encinitas, Carlsbad, Oceanside NCTD implemented Phase III of its Mobility Plan, extending route 101 to a new terminal on University Center Drive north of Nobel Drive."
- 150: UTC, VA Hospital, Old Town, downtown San Diego
- 201/ 202 SuperLoop: UTC area
- 204 SuperLoop: UTC area, Executive Drive, Judicial Drive, Nobel Drive
- 921: UTC, Mira Mesa
Routes serving Hillcrest Medical Center:
- 3: Hillcrest, downtown San Diego, Euclid Avenue Trolley Station
10: Old Town, Mission Hills, Hillcrest, North Park, City Heights, College Avenue
For travel beyond UCSD Bus Zone routes, see the section below.
Other transit options
UCSD staff, faculty, and students can buy discounted monthly transit passes for trolleys, the Coaster and buses outside the UCSD Bus Zone through the Transit/ Coaster Club.
Tell us how we’re doing. If you have ideas for improving Transportation Services, please e-mail them to TellTPS@ucsd.edu.
Note: This page has a friendly link that's easy to remember: http://blink.ucsd.edu/go/bussticker