News & events
Check Parking and Commuter Alerts for updates.
Gilman Transit Center Becomes Operational
The new transit center serves the campus community with an enhanced network of buses. Learn more.
NEW Rapid 237 Route
MTS Rapid 237 service begins Monday, October 13, and will operate weekdays, during rush hour periods from 5:30–10:30 a.m. and from 2‒7 p.m. Rapid FAQ
Zipcar Expands Student Services
Students 18+ can now use any car in Zipcar’s global network, not just cars on campus. Join Zipcar.
Bus Zone Stickers and Pilot Compass Cards
- The hexagonal gold stickers with 7/31/2014 expiration date must be replaced with new round blue and gold stickers, valid through 10/15/2014. Note: Secure stickers will become VOID if peeled, removed, or repositioned.
- With student approval of a transit fee referendum last May, a regional transit UPass will be implemented during Fall Quarter 2014.
- Faculty and Staff: The pilot MTS Compass Card for Bus Zone test program will be extended through summer 2014. Cards will update automatically; no office visit is required. (Cards valid during active employment status only.)
- Affiliates: Current affiliates who are not faculty or staff are eligible for a new Bus Zone sticker.
- Stickers and pilot Compass Cards are available at the campus parking office. Hillcrest employees may obtain a pilot Compass Card at the Bachman parking office. UC San Diego photo ID card required.