Without explicit authorization from the parking office, park clear of:
- Unmarked curbs
- Undeveloped areas
- Landscaped areas
- Areas under construction
- Any other unmarked area
Parking lot entrance signs indicate:
- The type(s) of permit(s) allowed
- Hours of enforcement
Individual signs and stencils may indicate:
- Restricted or reserved parking
- Time-controlled zones
- Green or white passenger zone: 3-minute limit unless otherwise posted
- Loading zone: Observe the posted time limit, even with a Disabled Person placard or plates.
- Service yard: See Lots That Require an Access Sticker.
- Yellow curb: 20-minute limit unless otherwise posted
Restricted, reserved, and time-controlled zones are enforced at all times, without exception. Notify parking enforcement, (858) 822-3379, if you can't move your car within the time limit specified in a time-controlled zone.
On rare occasions, and generally for medically related circumstances, Transportation Services may authorize camping on university property.
The UCSD Police will issue you a ticket for:
- Not having a current month or year sticker on your rear license plate
- Having damaged or illegible stickers
If you correct the problem within 21 days of the citation, notify the appeals office. See How to Appeal a Parking Citation for instructions on how to submit additional documentation.