How to Ship a Package Within the United States (Non-hazardous)
Last Updated: October 8, 2014 11:48:23 AM PDT
If you need to ship a package containing non-hazardous materials within the United States, follow the instructions below.
- If you need a form, order it from Imprints, (858) 534-3020.
- To complete the form, follow the step-by-step instructions on How to Complete a Shipping Memo.
- Note: If your shipment consists of multiple packages:
- Mark each package with running-total numbers such as "1 of 3".
- List each package number on the Shipping Memo.
- List the contents of each package separately.
- Keep the pink copy of the form for your records. Use the remaining copies of the form in step 4.
- It is important to insure your shipment. To determine your insurance needs, see Transit Insurance.
- Receive required approval before going to the next step.
For insurance questions, contact Kathleen Johnson, (858) 246-0369.
- Note: All requests for pickup require 24-hour notice.
- Submit a request for a pickup to BFSupport or call Shipping at (858) 536-3225, Ext. 0.
- If your shipment consists of multiple packages, be sure to follow the instructions in Step 1c.
- Securely package each item you want to ship.
- Put the Shipping Memo (except for the pink copy which you retain for your records) in an envelope marked "Shipping," and tape it to the package.
- The driver will pick up your package and deliver it to the Shipping Coordinator.
- After the Shipping Coordinator processes your package, the yellow copy of the Shipping Memo will be mailed to you. This copy will contain carrier information and tracking numbers for future reference.
Once your package is shipped, use the yellow copy of the Shipping Memo and see How to Check Your Shipping Charges.
To ask questions, request a service, or report an issue, contact us through BFSupport
Note: Before you ship a package, find out about shipping services and options. See Shipping Overview.