Use the rest of the items in this checklist to establish a timeline for your move.
Note: Depending on the availability of your moving service, you may have to adjust your timeline.
To use UCSD's movers, contact Moving Services. For information on outside moving services, contact Todd Adams, (858) 534-6700.
- Choose a date or time frame for the move to take place.
- Allow as much time as possible to plan your move (if possible, at least 6 months).
- Determine who is packing (staff or mover).
- Identify individuals who will be moving and:
- Notify them of the moving date
- Determine any special requirements they may have
Determine what furniture, equipment, computers, and supplies are being moved and to where, then:
- Create a plan for identifying items by office or cubicle (for example, color-coded labels).
- Coordinate delivery with the moving service, using the identification plan.
Insurance is required for all moves, whether by UCSD Moving Services or an outside moving vendor.
If you are moving any hazardous material or equipment:
Submit an online Customer Service Request (CSR) with Administrative Computing & Telecommunication (ACT).
Contact UCSD lock and key services.
- Purchase additional locks, as needed.
- Coordinate collection of old keys and distribution of new ones.
Contact Imprints to move your copy machine.
- If your copy machine has a card reader, be sure to contact Imprints in advance to arrange for moving datalines.
Contact the UCSD Police Department for assistance with:
- Choosing an alarm system for your new office space, if necessary
- Security issues during your move
- Adding your new location to the Police Department's security check route and system
Be sure to update the following:
Read the list of UCSD cleaning services provided by Facilities Management.